Waiting times

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by auxplage, Apr 23, 2005.

1. auxplage macrumors 6502

I went to the Apple American Store, and here are shipping times:

Mac Mini . . . 1-3 days
    eMac . . . Same Day Shipping
    iMac . . . 5-7 days
    PowerMac . . . 3-5 days (except single)
    Powerbook . . . 1-3 days (does not means much)
    iBook . . . 1-3 days

I wonder what this means? :)

2. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

It means when you order something online, thats how long it will take for the computer to be at your door step.

Nothing more, that is all.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Okay, auxplage, I'll play with you if no one else wants to. :) So the usual format of this is that a machine is about to be updated either because the ship times are very quick, meaning they're pushing them out the door, or very long, meaning they're not really available. So which is it? The eMac or the PMG5 that's getting a boost on Tuesday?

What would be really fun is if you were to sign in to the Apple store online in every that has one, and get all the same ship times, and create some kind of associative mapping paradigm that could decode the location of Steve's super-secret base. :D

4. auxplage thread starter macrumors 6502

You are no fun. :p I know that is what it technically means. I was just adding to "MacRumors".

Thanks for playing!!! It is always fun to hear a positive, optimistic response!! :)

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Any time. If you notice, it's curious that there are only 10 digits given in all of the waiting times together. I bet if you called 135-735-1313, the automated system would bump up your Tiger ship date! :D

6. Bear macrumors G3

You have that a bit off. It's the *estimated* time it will take Apple to ship the computer. Getting to the customer is more time depending on where they live and how the unit is shipped.

7. Bear macrumors G3

It means...

It means that either they've had a surge of orders of the iMac (The PowerMacs leadtime increased a few days ago.) and slight surges on the MacMini and iBook.

Or they may be ready to announce new imac models within the next couple of weeks. And the same for PowerMac models. The others are probably indicative of a slight increase in orders.

In truth, it's a guessing game, but the prior evidence points to new PowerMacs and iMacs sooner than later.

8. fener macrumors regular

This means:

iMac is definitely getiing updated this Tuesday or Thursday
    iBook is 99% getting updated
    PowerMac is 50% getting updated
    Nothing for Powerbooks
    Nothing for Mac Mini

Even it says ame day for eMac, I say they have 50% chance getiing updated. If not now, they will get updated in August, or will be discontinued.

Thats all; get your cc ready to buy iBook/iMac :)

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

*puts money down for iBook G5* :rolleyes: :eek: :D

*shakes head*...how is this thread not yet in the wasteland?