Wake up, imac! 10.3.5 fun

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by kevinuaa, Aug 13, 2004.

1. kevinuaa macrumors member

Hello all, i'm having a weird issue with an 1Ghz iMac G4 15" that's running 10.3.5, and almost all other recent software updates, save airport express.
    Now, when the computer goes to sleep, it won't wake up. The mouse clicker will reappear, and you can move it around,l put nothing happens. You have to do a hard restart. Ouch! any suggestions? if so, please let me know how to do it (command wise). Oh, I've repaired permissions several times.

Thanks for your help, i trust you guys to give me a quicker and better resonse than apple support!
    Cheers,

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

This won't help except to narrow down the problem: my 17" 800MHz flat-screen iMac does not exhibit this problem, and it has the same updates. In fact, it has all updates, simply because I get tired of Software Update telling me about them.

3. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

there seems to be quite a few problems with sleeping in 10.3.5...
    i have a 15" iMac 800. it wakes from sleep fine, but it can take up to a minute to go to sleep...

hopefully all will be sorted out soon,
    reality

4. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

Sawtooth 450, Serious sleep issues with 10.3.5

5. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

I still haven't upgraded my iMac yet (1 GHz, 15") I might do it in a couple of days.

I'll go check Apple.com to see if there is any problems with my type of computer.

6. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

I have an iMac 1 Ghz 15" running 10.3.5 with out the Airport Extreme Driver 3.4.2 update and have never had problems with sleeping.