waking a sleeping mac with a script

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by sparrow, Aug 14, 2004.

1. sparrow macrumors newbie

Jul 21, 2004
    Is this possible? I can put the mac to sleep with a script but once the mac goes to sleep everything is put on hold. Is there any way that I can have the mac wake up at some special time or is this impossible?

What I am trying to do is have the mac be a super amazing wake up device. I have iCal calling an alarm (at some time in the morning) which is a script I wrote to launch and play an iTunes playlist, and the whole thing is bloody amazing except for when the computer goes to sleep none of it works, and I very much want to have the computer go to sleep as I can't sleep with the fan spinning or whatever noise that is. I can also not have the computer turn itself off and then boot up in the morning so it's awake for iCal since it gets stuck with the login screen (I must have my computer password protected).

So I'm in a bit of trouble here. Any help?
  2. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    In the Energy Saver preference pane, go to Schedule and you can tell the computer to shut down and start at specific times every day.

I don't know if the startup will wake up a sleeping Mac, but it will restart a shutdown Mac. Heck, the memory charm alone will wake you up...