Wal-Mart. Always non-union employees...Always.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 12, 2005.

1. macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, they did it again. :(

As far as scummy behavior goes, Wal-Mart is turning into the Karl Rove of the retail industry.

The only bright light is that these tactics are perhaps beginning to backfire on them. I wish the AFL-CIO luck, because in the present environment -- a viciously anti-union store chain and an unsympathetic administration in Washington -- they're going to need it.

2. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

It has to begin at the root. The people have to realize that every worker deserves a decent working wage, even if it means higher prices. The companies also have to realize that it might mean lower profits (too bad about that corporate jet - fly Southwest instead!).

3. macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Thankfully, the free market is still alive and well in most areas.

Wal-Mart has made it known for quite some time that they don't value good, hard-working employees, and they don't see any advantage to paying their workers a living wages, paying them for overtime or giving them benefits.

Wal-Mart will not pay wages worthy of attracting and retaining good, honest hardworking employees. That is their prerogative in the free market.

It is my prerogative in the free market not to patronise such an establishment.

4. macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Amen! After Walmart's actions in this case and in Canada, they will NEVER see another dollar from me till they start to allow unions in, or they start to pay and treat their employees as people, not some damn resource to be used, abused, and thrown away! Time to take away the corporate jets and their golden parachutes in the executive offices in Walmart and across this nation. Time for the execs to see what it it like earning $6 to $7 an hour and try to make a life out of that!