Wal-Mart plans to roll out online music store as early as ne...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 13, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502a

mrsebastian

good luck walmart, though you're a great store for discount shopping, i don't see how you're gonna make any money on online music. maybe it's more of an incentive for shoppers and they're going to right off the losses?

3. macrumors 6502

Illegal immigrant workers, under- cutting local shops, under cutting gas stations and grocery stores. They are also making all their suppliers spend millions of their own money for Walmarts benifet. Costing the suppliers millions as Walmart saves billions... Now they are trying to undercut Apple with a crap survice. Let's hope they don't make money.

4. macrumors 6502

Uh, welcome to America? :rolleyes:

If the suppliers weren't making money, they would quit supplying. Your not making sense.

5. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

I'm sure the suppliers are making money but have to reinvest a lot of it in some process just to stay on Walmart's good side, and since they're "all over", no supplier in his right mind would do a thing to jeopardize that relationship.

It's a standard greed-based business model that has worked very well for businesses (Microsoft) and politics for years. The goal of the entity is not the product or service, but to be "On Top" and then strongarm your suppliers. If you can get in the situation where the Supply-EE tells the Supply-ER how much to supply for, you'll never go out of business.

6. macrumors 6502a

Oh look another buymusic.com

Did buymusic.com even bother to release numbers?

7. macrumors 6502a

mrsebastian

yeah no kidding!

8. macrumors 68040

tazo

For a plethora of information, visit http://boycottbuymusic.com

9. macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I don't see how Walmart plans to make money. Apple isn't making money off the iTunes Music Store, and they put a lot of work into it. I don't where the profit is for Walmart.