Wall mount a iMac G5?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by obelix, Apr 6, 2005.

1. obelix macrumors member

Is it possible to wall mount an iMac G5? Does anyone know of any websites that show this on display?

Thanks!

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the only way you could wall mount an iMac G5 is to use a Vesa compliant stand with it so your best bet would be to take a look at the many many many different types of stands avilable that can be used with the Vesa mount for the iMac

3. misguided macrumors newbie

imac g5 wall mount

finally hooked my imac up. not complete yet.

Attached Files:

4. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Wow that pretty sweet. What i would do thought to make it look nicer is send all the cords through the wall and have the come out on the ground or somewhere away from the computer. It just looks a bit funny seeing the cords hanging down.

5. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Must be the photograph or something but that seems really high up, probably just me or you have a really long torso.

6. misguided macrumors newbie

imac setup

yes thats my next project. the ethernet will dissapear when i go wireless.
    power cord my only problem

7. misguided macrumors newbie

imac setup

the pic makes it look higher but it is too high. i'll be dropping it. hate to say i screwed up.

8. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

9. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I think the vents are on the bottom, so it shouldn't affect air flow for it to be mounted.

I'm trying to swing and iMac this year, though it might prove to be rather difficult with a baby on the way. ;) My wife says I need to sort out my priorities, I tell her I have. :D

If I am able to get an iMac then that's what I want to do with it, mount it on the wall. All wireless, feed the power cable through the wall. I really like the shelf idea too, I wasn't sure where I would put the keyboard/mouse.

10. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

The only problem being if you have a BT or wireless issue, or want to add a HD via FW or summit. how will you cope if the BT mouse/keyboard don't work or lose pairing (which can happen from time to time)? Will you have access to the ports or something?

11. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Actually most of the heat comes out of a little slit in the back. I think the air is drawn in through the bottom.

12. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

Yeah..that was something I was wondering about too. Aren't all of the ports on the back of the computer?

13. misguided macrumors newbie

ports

there is just enough room to reach all the ports.

14. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I came up with an idea that I think would be really cool. It involves removing the existing foot and replacing it with a swivel arm that attachs or clamps to the desk. That way, it would be essentially floating and there would be nothing at all underneath it. The idea takes a bit from the old sunflower design and makes it new again.

15. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

You mean something like a Hergo?

My friends dads company.... http://www.hergo.com/XQ/asp/category.10/QX/index.htm