Wallpaper Gone Crazy? Yet another question.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mariahlullaby, Jun 2, 2005.

1. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Ok, I am still a complete Mac newbie, so yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing. It seems like I post a new question here every week (though I'm a good girl and do a search first!). Thanks for all your help guys!

Anyways, I lugged an old AST brand CRT monitor from the basement that we weren't using to have fun with dual displays until I can afford a Cinema. It's been working kind of screwy (i.e. it will stop displaying every now and then and I'll have to disconnect it and reconnect into my PB). I was messing around with wallpapers for the second display and just for fun tried out the "change every 5 seconds" wallpapers on my PB and the second monitor. Needless to say, that got old fast, so I went to change it back to normal; everything went fine on the PB display, but the CRT WON'T stop changing the background! I've unchecked the "change pictures" box on each preference box, set it to a new paper, but then it changes in 5 seconds anyway! Even when I set it to the standard Tiger wallpaper, it still fades into a new wallpaper from the same folder I was using before. It's getting annoying. I've tried restarting, reconnecting, and it still keeps changing the background (but not on the PB display, only the CRT).

What's wrong??? Thanks!

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I have never had that specific problem...but as a first guess I would say that perhaps your desktop prefs file has gotten "confused." Try moving the file "com.apple.desktop.plist" out of your home/library/preferences folder (just move it somewhere, don't delete it in case you want it back, although in this case it is probably easy to replicate what is in it anyway)..log out of your account and then back in again and then open the desktop prefpane and reset your choices.....oh yeah!