Wallpaper

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TonyWatt, Sep 22, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

When I change my lock screen wallpaper, there is no option to resize the pic. Tried moving & scaling, pinching, pushing, feckin' squeezing, nothing, it simply won't resize.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this another feature of iOS 7?

2. macrumors G3

That's how it is if you have parallax turned on. Once you deactivate it, wallapaers act normally. To find out how just search.

3. macrumors 6502

Doesn't help, besides I like parallax why should I turn it off to scale background?

4. macrumors G3

There could be a couple of things.

Wallapaers scale to fill the height of the screen so you can't pinch out nad have black background.

For some reason I can't scale Apple's built in still wallpapers, but I can scale and move ones from my camera roll.

Prallax means that my images scale up a little bit so they will alyays appear zoomed in a little.

Can you be more specific about the image you are trying to use and what you are trying to do with it.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sussed it
    To get wallpaper to fit screen, take screenshot ( hold down top & home buttons at same time), and use pic found in camera roll. Tou can then resize it

6. macrumors 6502

Why would I use cropped low resolution images with retina screen? This is obvious bug and I hope apple will release update soon.

7. macrumors regular

Also have this problem and turning off Parallax does not help.