Walmart.com doesn't have Wiis in stock anymore

Discussion in 'Games' started by jeremy.king, Dec 12, 2006.

1. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

2. jeremy.king thread starter macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I had one in my cart too, but decided against it...Oh well...

Do what you got to do mods!

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Yeah, those games were pretty weak. No Zelda? Oye! It's almost like they've figured out which Wii games are selling and purposefully NOT bundled them. :eek:

4. therevolution macrumors 6502

I got something similar from them 2 weeks ago, except you had to buy 8 crappy games instead of 6+messenger bag. However, I figured you can always return or exchange the games. From what I've read on the interweb, some people have had success returning the games without the console in Walmart stores, and I guess others were told they couldn't. Now, each item comes in its own box, with an individual packing slip that does not reference anything else in your bundle as far as I can tell - no common numbers or anything. I can't see how they would know it's part of a bundle, but maybe they have a way. Not sure.

But even if they don't let you return the games for a refund, there are still a couple of options. One is store credit, either there or elsewhere. Another idea I had - what I would probably do, just to stick it to them - is to keep all the games packaged up, wait a little while until you can find a Wii elsewhere, and then return that Wii along with your games - ta da, the entire bundle! You have 90 days to make the return, and I figure it shouldn't be too hard to find one before the 90 days are up.

Here's something kind of strange: in the two weeks since my order, they've only shipped me one game. From what I understand, if they don't ship a game out quickly enough, they'll cancel that game from the bundle and refund the game's value. So it could come out to be fewer games I'll have to pay for. They have yet to formally cancel anything, though. The console shipped immediately, which was the important thing.

A hassle? Yes. Worth it? I think it was. I loves me some Wii.