Walmart - the spam king!

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by ELMI0001, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 6502

ELMI0001

I never use my iCloud email for anything. I tend to use work or gmail for anything. I purchased something for my wife at Walmart (cue the jokes - it was their iTunes gift card deal a week ago) but used my iCloud email address because I never had before.

I've had the iCloud email account since Oct of 2011. I've never gotten a single email - spam or otherwise. After buying at Walmart and using that email address I get 9-12 spam emails a day.

Good work Walmart.

2. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

3. macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I think you're right. I bought the gift card too, and I don't receive any more spam than usual. My daily spam is very low only a couple of emails a day.

I use a personal domain/email address through google apps though.

4. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It could indeed. :)

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

ELMI0001

The mothership can do no wrong! It could be a coincidence. No big deal, I don't use the account. I just had to turn it off on my phone.

I use a personal domain/email address through google apps as well and that's been great.

6. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Nobody said that. Apple screws up just as much as any other company. The point was that you correlated two events together that may or may not have had anything to do with it. If you gave walmart an email address of walmart@emi0001.com and then started getting spam at that address, you may have more data to stand behind. Instead you're choosing to attack the other members in the thread with hyperbole instead of admitting a potential mistake.

7. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

So what is stated in the "privacy" policy you inevitably agreed to when you purchased this gift card?

You did read it, didn't you?

8. macrumors 6502

Walmart has awesome spam! Try throwing it in the pan in a stove ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.