Walnut Creek, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Devilshark, Jun 7, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I would love too but I won't get back from my national guard duty until the 25th.

3. macrumors newbie

What time were you looking to go out there? I'm trying to go

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Considering the way the sales went, prob the night before. I live in WC, just a short walk for me.

5. macrumors regular

sandylp

Walnut Creek, CA

I'd love to hear from anyone else going to the WC store. I'm not sure what time to go.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm thinking I'll get in line abt 430 AM. I don't need to be first, just one of the first ;)

7. macrumors member

i'm thinking 6am. it's either going to be WC or SF, have yet to decide. i'll have to drive from oakland, park some place in WC and then drive back during rush hour so i'm still deciding. while that store might not get as many people, their stock will also be lower than the flagship store in SF. it's a tossup, really.

8. macrumors member

if you camp out, i'll give you a lollipop and a huge thanks if you save me a spot in line! ;)

9. macrumors regular

MacKai

I will be there about that time also. I pre-ordered online, but I am really hoping the have white on launch for my wife. I have that day off so what the hell. If they do not, I could just leave. Just would be cool to be there with fans and share the excitement.:D

10. macrumors newbie

I'll be at the WC store for sure. I have mine reserved, so I should be there around 6:30-7:00. I have work at 11 (At Best Buy, go figure) to activate everyone else's iPhone's after I get mine :)

11. macrumors newbie

I'll probably be camping out at the WC store so I can get in and out quickly. Gotta get my phone and head to Electric Daisy Carnival in LA!!

12. macrumors member

May have to be in the area on the 24th, so I reserved an iPhone 4 in WC to be on the safe side. My plan is to stop by Christy's Donuts in Danville, grab a box of pastries and a mug of coffee, then head on up about two hours before the store opens. With a reservation confirmation in-hand, I expect that line to move quickly.

13. thread starter macrumors newbie

Camp Out!

Call me paranoid, but the latest story on the front page has convinced me to camp out (plus, I've never done an overnight line-up). I'm buying the pizza!:D

My wife and I both have 16GB's reserved.

14. macrumors newbie

I keep checking the Apple Store app to see if I'm still reserved and I am, and luckily it hasn't changed. One of my friends works at the Apple Store in WC, so I might pay her a visit and see if I'm on the "mysterious reserved list".

But I'll keep a lookout for the guy with pizza!

15. macrumors newbie

I'd like to be there around 5 or 6am as I have two iPhone 4's on reserve. I used two email addresses, one is for me, one is for my gf but only I will be there to get both, will Apple be ok with that? Also, I was able to get one ordered but only to be shipped to me by July 2nd or whatever, so should I cancel that and just pick it up in the store or leave it and pick up only 1 iphone 4 in the store? Not sure what to do...

16. macrumors newbie

Anyone plan on selling their iPhone after they get the 4? The prices on eBay are dropping like flies and I predict it will only get worse once everyone gets the 4 and want to get rid of their 1st gen/3G/3GS.

If you're selling yours, pls let me know!

17. macrumors 6502

im trying to get rid of my 32gb 3gs for about 320 if ur interested

18. macrumors newbie

Sorry too much for me. I've gotten 16GB 3GS unlocked for $100 & $150 depending on condition & accesories. It's crazy how low they've gotten considering that just a week ago they were going for $350+!

19. macrumors regular

sandylp

Selling iPhone 3G

You can sell a perfect iPhone 3G for $127 or an imperfect one for $107 at
    Gazelle.com.

20. macrumors newbie

21. macrumors member

i have a preorder, but i'm not sure what time i should show up tomorrow... i really wish i had chosen to have it delivered instead!

22. macrumors regular

Im planning on getting there around 6-7am...hope its not too bad.

23. macrumors newbie

12 hours b4 opening, regretfully it is already too bad. Line is wrapped around store. Yippee bring a lawn chair tomorrow ppl ur going to be standing up a long time

24. macrumors newbie

Lines

Is it that bad? Are there two lines for preorder and walkins? I have one on preorder but need to grab a second for the wife!

25. macrumors member

Are you serious? That is insane, I don't think even SF has that many people at the moment. Jesus, I may just suck it up and wait a few days before getting mine. This is insane. Not that I expected otherwise...