wanna play GTA but how??

Discussion in 'Games' started by toughboy, Sep 30, 2003.

1. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

I want to play GTA3 on my new 12"PB but how? Anyone having an idea?

2. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

It is totally imposible, there is no way you can do it. The only way to play GTA3 is on the PS2 and PC (and going soon to the Xbox). The PB is also not fast enough to emulate the Xbox or Gaming PC. But maybe in a year, someone will do a Ps2 emulator which your PB might be able to handle.

But you can run GTA1 or 2 using a PC Virtual PC. However, GTA 1 is better than 2.

3. Chealion macrumors regular

VPC can't emulate a decent video card (it can't even do Direct3D), so playing many games on the PC is unreasonable. Getting GTA3 to work on your Mac, is like freezing water into an icecube while in a fire.

4. toughboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

toughboy

its that bad, huh?!

well, I was expecting these kinda problems while I was buying my PB, but, if Apple want to raise its market share, then they should find a way to negociate with the gamemakers to have ALL the games working in mac platforms.. nobody will be all satisfied with just WarCraftIII in the long run! :(

5. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

PCs and macs use totally different processor architectures which in effect makes it similar to speaking english to someone that only speaks Japanese. Sure you could translate it but it would not be as efficient as both speaking the same language.

The only possibility is that software companies produce versions for both platforms. For some software it is worth the effort say Photoshop etc as macs have a larger marketshare in that field. For games though the developers already have PC and the different consoles to develop for. Compared to the number of gamers on those platforms the number of potential mac gamers is quite small and probably not worth the effort / expense. Sad but true