Want free money? Lie about having 6 kids!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sdashiki, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

To see this womans face:

8678738_240X180.jpg

I mean cmon, just look at her!

Anyway, this is sick. Even sicker to think she believes she is sick herself. I dont think she is, I think she is just a slick snake oil salesman, even to her dumb husband.

sextuplet.jpg

link

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

3. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

And people think I'm heartless because I don't give money to people that ask for it....too many people scamming each other these days. And with the problems with the Red Cross, I don't even feel comfortable donating to some large organizations. And with all the pork barrel projects, I don't think the government is good at helping people....

No wonder we're all going to hell in a handbasket. Doesn't matter where you go (at least some things are universal no matter if your state is red or blue or green or ultramarine)....

4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

It's stuff like this that gives real families a bad name.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Not to single you out here... but with this kind of attitude being all too common, I'm supposed to buy the Libertarian line that if the government would just stop stealing from our pockets (at the point of a gun no less!) that people would give instead to private charities in quantities sufficient that would then pick up the slack that government's social services currently provide? Sure, that'll happen.

Again, not picking on you personally. But I've heard the argument from conservative after conservative who is 'fed up' with all the 'handouts' our government provides to the disadvantaged among us.

6. calculus Guest

calculus

Let's remember that this is nothing compared with the lying and cheating that some corporations and governments indulge in.

7. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

To agree with you, I am fed up with the Government being a charity among us. I think that when it gets involved, there are too many laws that constrain it from being effective, and I often wonder about where the Government sees its priorities.

One small example is that I believe that the Grameen Bank model is more successful at helping people that welfare. But, you will never see the government go that route...

I still give to private charities, and I think I would give more if my taxes were lowered. Would I give everything I'm not paying in taxes? No. I would probably give at the same rate as I am giving now (more money, same ratio).

So, going back to the Grameen model and your comment, I guess I am "fed up with all the handouts" that would be more beneficial if they were hand-ups....

8. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I really don't know what to say. Unbelievable. I don't know about jail time... what could they charge her with?

9. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

She posted on the internet? That means that her claim and request for donations went over wires....wire fraud.

10. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Fraud.

But hey, this isn't the worse thing some one's ever done, she just got caught. People have pulled way worse scams and gotten away with it (eg: my family died in 911/Katrina/Some other well known disaster).