Want to buy iPod mini,but affraid of battery life ?! Read this XD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Macnasien, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Macnasien macrumors newbie

Macnasien

It even outperformed 3rd G iPod and reches nearly 1st G ipod's ! :D

I finished battery test finally..If you were affraid of buying a mini because of its low battery capacity,don't be and buy one because mine ran for more than 9 hours !!!
    Starting with full charg,plugged earphones,loudness middle,randomly played 791 Songs coded in 160 KBit AACs and 160 KBit & up Mp3s,no Backlight, no EQ, after pressing Play i put in hold and started the stopwatch in my SE T610.
    I finnaly stop the watch at 09:37:26:2 hours.
    Which means that it outperformed not even 3rd G iPod for more than 1 and a half hours.In this contition it will reach nearly the legendary 10 hours of my 1st G iPod and may even outperform it in an only play the list downwithout rando play test.For now i can say,it blasted all my expectations and even the promise of Apple's 8 hours of battery life :D.Only thing i can say,great work Apple, i love this sweet little thing !
    50% after 4 hours 30 minutes10% at nearly 7 hours,0% at 8 hours and 25 minutes,shut down after 9 hours 37 minutes. :eek:
    isn't it a great news ?! I hope i can take fear of those who are considdering a mini and bring those relief who already get one XD.
    Greez Jamie (iChat:macnasien) if you have questions. :D
    Also read http://www.ipodlounge.com/articles_more.php?id=3108_0_8_0_C

Attached Files:

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

very glad to hear this as I just bought an ipod mini. :) I'm sure it won't match the life my 1st Gen. used to get (11+ hours continuous) but if it even gets 8, let alone more, I will be very happy. Thanks for the review!

3. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Apple usually overstates the battery time for any particular machine. I wonder why there are reports of many iPod minis getting over eight hours? Would Apple purposely understate the mini's operating time so as not to take away from the regular iPod? I don't think so, but it could've happened.

4. Macnasien thread starter macrumors newbie

Macnasien

Finally ended type B Test

I ended the type B test of ipodlounge.com,which means full charge,pluggesd earphones,loudness middle,continous play from all songs.
    I get 9 hours and 17 minutes,which even outperformed the 3G ipods. I think Apple has done a great job on the iPod mini and keep their promise of 8 hours playtime *ggg*
    My 1G iPod also did played 11 hours after Firmware upgrade. I think its important to condition the battery in the right way at the begining,if you do so everything is great XD