Want to buy new printer - Panther compatible

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by phillyag, Nov 6, 2003.

1. phillyag macrumors newbie

I'm looking to buy a new printer to replace my HP PSC 950 (all-in-one). It's not compatible with Panther, and it appears HP is not going to support it since that model was discontinued.

It will be used for everyday printing from Word, Excel, internet, etc.; photos (my wife does a lot of scrapbooking); flyers; graphics for photo album pages.

Anyway, here's what I would like:

Will work reliably with Panther, Color and B&W inkjet, FireWire or USB connectivity (whichever is better), good quality, between $200 and 300.

Any suggestions from Mac users would be greatly appreciated. Most of the "reviews" sites are geared toward PC people.

2. Toeknee macrumors regular

Toeknee

I just updated my powerbook to Panther and at home we have an Epson C84 (not sure if you want that one or stick with the HP) but it worked fine on Jaguar and it still works great on Panther. The printer dpi is 5770x1440 i think.. so it should provide super photos and flyers also does borderless printing.