Want to make a simple website :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mulletman13, Dec 20, 2005.

1. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2004
    Los Angeles.
    Hey all,

I'm looking for a way to create a VERY simple website. I have absolutely no HTML/CSS experience, and I'd prefer a simple drag and drop interface. Perhaps, drag a picture into a place... make it a button, and tell it where to link.

Also I would like to be able to edit text.

Again, I just want a very simple thing, that maybe supports templates and whatnot.

Maybe there are websites that will do this? I suppose I could just make it on a blog, and edit that template file... but ehh not too keen on that.

Also, I have access to Macromedia Dreamweaver (computer labs at school), but that seems a bit too complicated for me.

2. monke macrumors 65816

May 30, 2005
  3. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    You might check out RapidWeaver. It's not free, but it's very well done, and relatively inexpensive.
  4. geese macrumors 6502a

Oct 23, 2003
    London, UK
    Or copy and paste this into a text document, and save it with the extension .htm:

<title>insert text here</text>
    <p>insert text here<p>
    <p>insert more text here</p>
    <p>and so on</p>
  5. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Mar 16, 2005
    Oxfordshire, UK
    If you really want to start from scratch, you could try good old mozilla's composer component :)

It's not super simple, but it's no worse than you average word processor :D
  6. dvdh macrumors 6502

Apr 6, 2004
    What ever you do . . .

. . . avoid using Microsoft Word to compose a page. The last time I tried to throw together a quick page in word, it didn't even render correctly in Explorer for Mac.

I would second the suggestion to using Mozilla Composer. It isn't too bad to use if you are really stuck, you can find a simple html page that you like on the web (SIMPLE and HTML are the keys here), view the source, copy and paste it into the Mozilla Browser, swap up the pictures and text and voila you will have a webpage. Doing things that way is not a bad idea from the point of view that you can avoid some of the trouble of searching for code on how so do some rather simple coding.
  7. snowdog macrumors member

Jan 21, 2004
    Visby, Sweden
    Yep, an awesome program.
    So simple to use, yet very effective.
    Very nice integration with iPhoto, to easily create a webalbum.

Has themes so switching layout is a breeze.