Want to sell 2 macs, where??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by paul84043, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul84043 macrumors newbie

I am going to sell my 2 macs so that my wife doesn't kill me when the new dual 2.5 machine shows up...
    I know how to use Ebay, but is there a better place to sell macs than that?

Both of mine are less than a year old and in perfect shape.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks...

Paul.

2. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

This seems to be a pretty good place to sell them. eBay generally gets you the lowest prices...

3. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

If he's selling, why would he want the lowest prices? If you've been around here for long enough, you can post on the board here. You have to have 100 posts though.

4. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

I assumed (mistakenly, it seems) that anyone capable of operating a computer could follow my statement to its logical conclusion.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

yea i was gonna suggest selling here but then i remembered the rule change

6. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

i post in the market place all the time it is a great place to sell
    PM me what macs you are selling i may be interested

7. lfielder06 Guest

I am going to say ebay. Fees kinda suck and if you get paypal it is more fees, but you can put s/h to cover most of those. I just sold a rev a 12" pb for $750 USD and it had a broken latch, so I figured that was pretty good. Here is a great place to sell though.

8. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Just stating the obvious. If you're going to give a rationale for selling your computer a particular place, cheap selling prices is not usually an attractive selling point.

I still don't see what "logical conclusion" should be derived from your point. Lower prices means more visitors, which means more exposure, which means more likely to sell?

If you have 5 visitors and sell the computer for $1500, or 500 visitors and sell the ocmputer for $1400 (because of the lowest prices on ebay), how has he come out any better?

9. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

I believe he was agreeing with the starters post saying (i know i could sell it weith ebay, but the prices are low, so he wouldnt make as much , he was agreeing with that saying the market place is good, and "your right" ebay isd generally low.

10. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

I will rephrase his statement as my interpretation.

"This is a good place to sell them, as generally ebay's sales go a little too cheap"

11. durruti macrumors regular

durruti

the macrumors forums marketplace section is a good place as any.

Another good place is http://www.craigslist.org/ if you want to sell it locally.

12. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Or, if you want to sell it in Nigeria.

13. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I don't know how anyone could think ebay prices are low. In my experience the final auction price of most items I try to buy on eBay are too high. Typically end up 10% less than retail.

14. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I use e-bay and set hte starting price at $1 on everything I sell. I also make sure that I have no reserve. Almost every time I end up getting almost what I paid for it and, in the case of a Dell I sold, I got a higher price than I paid when I sold it (granted it was only about 2 months old). I say go ebay and slap a $1 starting price, add good photos and be sure to feature the auction. You will be surprised at the results :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.