Want to trade my Galaxy Nexus for an iPhone 4s but where?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Vanilla Ice, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Vanilla Ice, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012

macrumors 6502

****Just so everyone knows, I traded my nexus and got me a new iPhone 4s. It's good to be back!

Sent from my iPhone using taptalk

Other then Craigslist or eBay. I’m looking for a place to trade my Verizon Galaxy Nexus for an iPhone 4s. I looked for a FS/Trade section on this forum but i can’t find anything. I searched so please don’t flame me. I’m just looking for a good site to trade my phone if it’s either on this website or some other. Thanks!

2. macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Try androidcentral.com

3. macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Why not just SELL the Galaxy and then buy an Ip4s?

4. macrumors 68030

verwon

Too easy, not complicated enough.

5. macrumors 68000

If it was the GSM version I would have took you up on it.

6. macrumors 6502

I want too sell it. But i cant get any local buyers and eBay/paypal takes a good chunk of money. I figured you guys would be my other best option :)

7. Guest

That phone was just released wasn't it? That bad aye?

8. macrumors 6502

No. Its an awesome phone if not the best i ever had. But i Just picked up an iPad 2 the other day and the two dont mix. iCloud is what i really need.

9. macrumors 65816

NZed

You're a newbie(as stated under your name). You have to post 500 posts before getting into the Marketplace section.

10. macrumors 6502

Is that a real answer? I know im a newbie here but just asking for some help. thats all

11. macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

The gist is: YOU CAN'T sell it here because you don't have enough "history" (good posts). It's not allowed.

12. macrumors 68030

verwon

Yes, that's a real answer, that's why you couldn't find the marketplace forum.

13. macrumors 6502

Alright. Thanks guys!

14. macrumors 65816

NZed

Sorry, its 250 posts not 500.

As stated under "I Can't Post" in the FAQ

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:MacRumors_FAQ#I_can.27t_post

You could be a random guy, wanting to sell cheap stuff or knock offs and if the forum opens the marketplace to any new comers, it will be full of spam.

No offence here though

15. macrumors 6502

No offence taken. I can see why they set the rules as they are. to protect their members from idiots. But again thanks for all the comments. I saw an LTE Galaxy Nexus sell for $538 on eBay (shocked) so it seems that may be my best choice for now. Thanks again.

16. macrumors regular

I just sold my nexus on Craig's and I'm in the LA area. Went back to my 4s. Good luck selling it they're going for cheap. I lost money selling mine... I guess people are catching wind of all the problems the nexus is plagued with. Love ICS but hated the hardware it's tied too.

17. macrumors 6502

If you don't mind me asking. How much did you get for your nexus?

18. macrumors regular

I had it listed for a week at 500 kept getting offers of 400. Finally I caved and sold it for 400. Careful with eBay you could lose your phone and your money. Too many scams... Have you tried Craig's? Give it a shot. How much are you trying to get for it? Also did you experience awful battery life? Or bogged down web browsing while on wifi??

19. macrumors regular

How would you know your current post count if its not listed anywhere?
    JW
    Other forums put post count under the avatar.

20. macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Click your user name on the left of the post, then select "View Public Profile" & you'll be able to see your post count.

21. macrumors regular

Thanks!:cool:

22. macrumors 6502

I put up a trade add in craigslist. Asking for a straight trade. Im also in LA and had a few peeps get back to me but they all fell threw. Ill put up an asking price of $500 and see where it takes me... but i found nothing wrong with the nexus. I hear bad and good. Most of the bad being horrable signal issues. I need a 4s to work with my iPad 2 and there is No way in heck ill trade my iPad for an android tab.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

23. macrumors regular

I'm surprised no one else has noticed this but I was astonished to see that the name "Vanilla Ice" had not yet been taken yet before.

24. macrumors regular

Good luck selling it. Im glad I sold mine when I did because today it was announced that quad core android phones to come in feb... So try to get rid of it ASAP before people start holding off for new devices.

25. macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice is my name for TONS of forums. Even xbox 360 live :cool:

----------

Thanks Bud! Mods, you can close this thread. Thanks!