Want very old Hypercard programs to work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cheapo41, Apr 26, 2004.

1. cheapo41 macrumors newbie

Apr 26, 2004
    I bought some programs ages ago, but they still have some value if only they would work! I think I need Hypercard, the app, not the player to convert this old stuff from really old to old. I wouldn't mind finding out what I've read of elementary kids writing programs with it, either. I'm afraid personal computers had not been dreamed of when I attended school.

If this app was free from 1987 to 1991, why can't I get it free? At least the version that was free? I bought my first Mac in 1994, just a few years after the cut off when they gave it away for free with the operating system, with OS 7.5 installed. I think I've read where Apple has just taken it off their support site. Now it's pay up for the newest version.

I think version 2 would do.

Do you think I have a chance of getting this free?

Is there a way of converting this ancient stuff with just the player and ResEdit (which I just downloaded, but haven't open)?
  2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    You're going to have a VERY hard time finding ANY version of HyperCard now that Apple no longer offers it for download (free OR pay), let alone the specific older version you want. Good luck - you'll need it! I don't see how having the HyperCard Player and ResEdit will help you, unless you know how HyperCard works internally.
  3. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

Feb 4, 2004
    Florida Resident
    Sorry, I pressed enter by accident. Try Supercard to convert your old Hypercard scripts to run on OS X natively.