Wanted: Leather satchel w/ water bottle holder

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by nightfly13, Apr 30, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

2. macrumors member

hmm... good leather bags are not cheap, and inexpensive ones are usually not so good, it's a tough choice.

I found you some nice ones that can carry water bottles, but they're really expensive, (from $90 to $500) so just take a look as a "window shopping" fun. :)

Saddleback Leather Co.

and

Far Horizon Traders with: Hand Stitched Leather Satchel and Camel Leather Messenger Bags

I'm sure there are more you can find on internet that'll cost less, but I thought these are pretty cool eventhough they're not designed for ipad. Good luck!

3. macrumors 603

aswitcher

Please post if you find something. I too want iPad and water in something small and nice.

4. macrumors 68000

Daremo

5. macrumors 68000

Daremo

6. macrumors member

7. macrumors 68000

Daremo

Absolutely, and thank you for the lead. The quality looks amazing, and the $64 price tag on a leather bag really can't be beat, if the quality is there. I can't wait to get it in hand.

8. macrumors 68000

Daremo

My satchel arrived today. I'll do a detailed review soon. My first impressions, it's quality and craftsmanship is outstanding. Easily the best made bag I've ever owned. I'm blown away by the quality. It DOES however have a HUGE issue... The smell is really bad. It's camel leather, so the oder from the tanning process is brutal. But damn, this is a nice bag. I need to figure out how to get the smell out of this. hahaha

9. macrumors 6502

I agree exactly. The odor was a bit to take, but mine has subsided after being aired-out for a week or so.

I got mine for half-off since it was a blem. I also ended up getting a bag for my laptop since the owner had a blem for half-off for that also.

Great company to deal with.

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. macrumors regular

Nice, but no protection to the iPad

I'm going with this...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=924150

It is fully padded and offers protection for the iPad...something I think is impt if you're actually carrying the iPad around. Bumps are inevitable.

If you go for their 13" version, it would possible hold a water bottle. Just an idea....good luck.

11. macrumors 6502

It's 3" in depth. It's best suited as a carry satchel with your iPad already protected by a fitted case.

12. macrumors 68000

Daremo

I have my iPad in a Belkin Clear vue case, then that sits inside an InCase 10" netbook padded sleeve, and then THAT goes into the leather satchel, so it's very well padded and protected. Bring on the bumps! haha

13. macrumors newbie

Quality Leather Satchel Bag

Some leather satchel bag are made to have one big compartment where you can chuck all your stuff in.This may be hat some need but it might not work for those who want order in their bags.