Wanted: New 500mhz Pismo

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by applemacdude, Nov 3, 2002.

1. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Anyone know where i can get a fully loaded new Pismo. and is it a good buy. or should i buy another laptop. i only have 1200bucs for a laptop. Thanks:)

2. macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i'd say your best bet would be eBay, if you look hard enough for a little while you can get a nice deal. just make sure the seller has high feedback becuase i've heard several horror stories of non working computers being bought.

3. macrumors 6502

just wait until the ibooks are lowered in price. i wouldnt risk getting a DOA off of Ebay and losing that hardearned 1200 dollars. not worth it in my opinion for a stupid little G3

4. job
    macrumors 68040

job

Yeah, I'd wait for the new iBooks.

With 1200 you might be able to get an 800Mhz iBook if the rumors are to be believed.

5. macrumors regular

Dido

You can't go wrong with a brand new computer. But if you have your heart set on a pismo, just look at some of the used mac sites. They should have one. I wouldn't buy from ebay because of the horror stories involved. I know a lot of people have no problems, but if I am going to spend like 1200 dollars, I want to buy from a good source.

6. macrumors regular

And I'm finally not a newbie

I think the subject says it all

7. macrumors regular

I have a Pismo for sale

I've got a 500 MHz Pismo for sale. It only has 128 MB RAM, but MacSolutions currently has a 1 GB kit for the Pismo for less than 100 dollars.

If you're interested, email me at enoch111@mac.com or send me a message on AIM to Qabalistic111

laters

enoch

8. macrumors demi-god

maelstromr

I've got one

I've got one too,

500MHz pismo
    620MB RAM
    30 gig HD
    lot's of extras

it's in good shape, but it is a used computer, works fine, minor cosmetic things, but nothing major. OS 10.2 installed.

9. macrumors 68040

MacAztec

We have one

Yea my dad is looking to sell his. Its all in perfect condition with a 30GB drive, CD/DVD and a Zip. It has 2 batteries, 640MB of RAM, and an airport card.

He is looking for around 1200....