Wanted: Older iPod Disk Image

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Steven1621, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

I am having some trouble with an older 10GB 3G iPod. I need to get an old version of the firmware. This is a bit of an odd request: Could someone send me a disk image of their iPod with older firmware? I know this might be a bit of a hassle, but I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Can you not restore the old firmware with an old version of the iPod updater?

The oldest version on my machine seems to be updater 2004-04-28 which seems to contain firmware 2.2 for 3G iPods.

I also seem to have an iPod updater just called iPod Software Updater 2.1 which I assume is for a 3G iPod. The software on the iPod CD is probably 2.0.

If you want any of these updaters let me know and I'll email you a disk image.

3. Steven1621 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

a problem with the AC charging prevents me from doing anything with the firmware. recall that a firmware reset need to be connect to ac power either from the FW or adaptor. the problem i have been having prevents this from working. that is why i just want to reimage the ipod. it is the only option i have left.

4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Re-imaging the iPod won't clear the firmware yknow.... just the data on it will be changed.

5. Cybernanga macrumors regular

I wrote an app that does all sorts of firmware trickery on iPods, you can check it out if you like, it should be able to sort itr out for you.

Link is in my Sig.

The forums at the Podite site are full of iPod modders, so you may get some help there.

6. Steven1621 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Steven1621