war / army games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Ok, so I was looking at the preview for 1942. This game looks really good. I was wondering what people's thoughts were about this game, and other similar ones. Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor: Breakthrough, WW2 Online, etc. Does anyone really think one of these games stands above the rest, and how do you think 1942 will compare to the current games out there?

2. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i've heard great things about 1942 and i saw my friend play it once for PC and it looked really cool. i'd most definately like to get my hands on it. i really like Army Operations. i also play Raven Shield co-op and that's quite fun but i've been meaning to pick up a copy of Call of Duty and Battlefield 1942 for some time now... hhhmmmm... payday is next week...... :D

3. Versello macrumors regular

The previews look fantastic, but in reality the game isn't as intense as the preview :D It's all a gimmick. But don't get me wrong, bf1942 is a good game.

4. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

I have heard that BF1942 is all about the multiplay. You get to control every vehicle in the game, and do cool stuff. The campain sucks i've heard... compared to MOH series and COD. But i'm definately gonna try to buy it. It's supposed to be released soon...

5. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

Well, I had BF 1942 & BF Vietnam on my PC and they are really worth it *thumbs up* Looking forward to buy in the first week when my PB arrives (should be soon) BF 1942 & WC3.. IMHO, these are they currently the best Games on Mac...

Cheers

-Andy

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

BF1942 is a pretty cool game. The SP campaigns do suck because the AI is retarded. But it can be a good time killer too. Driving a variety of vehicles is fun, as is the "cooperative conquering" mindset.
    CoD is much better for SP missions. MP is pretty fun too.

7. aussiemac86 macrumors 6502

Does anyone have a firm release date on BF1942?

And i take it there are no demos of it around

8. FasterSoonerNow macrumors member

The Aspyr website says "June"... so they've got one more week to make it happen. :p

It's even available for purchase at Apple.com, which kind of confuses me.

9. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

it sounds like youve never played 1942, you should...one of the best out there, with moh:aa and cod...WW2 games are getting kinda old, but 1942 isnt one of them, good thing game developers started making games on the Vietnam war, (shellshock 67 & battlefield:vietnam)...

10. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

Don't forget about America's Army. It's free, has a huge player base and very modern techniques of warfare. I actually can't stand the game personally, realistic FPS sim drive me nuts. It have a well deserved reputation and does merit attention. Gotta say I'm loving Jedi Academy right now.

11. aussiemac86 macrumors 6502

I eventually put down my deposit on a dual 2.5 and 17". i kept the standard vid card, but got ram up to 1.5GB. all i need now is for BF1942 to be available here in time for me to get it in time for the arrival of my PM..

12. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Don't skimp on the video card. It impacts your gameplay tremendously.
    And unless you're a hardcore computer user or scientist who crunches a lot of numbers, you really don't need a whole lot more then 1GB of RAM. Having the option is nice, but it's just not necessary. Plus RAM is cheaper from a 3rd party source. In a year or two when MAYBE you might actually need more RAM, it'll be even cheaper as all us G3/G4 slobs who need new computers have to buy G5s.