War Craft 3 on ibook screen shots

Discussion in 'Games' started by CaptainCaveMann, Nov 27, 2004.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Can anyone please post a screen shot of it i want to see how the resolution fairs and also with a 32 mb video card.

2. haiggy macrumors 65816

I don't believe you can post a screenshot of the game unless it is minimized? The graphics and resolution are fine. If you are worried about it, pick up a cheap CRT and play it on a higher resolution. I don't believe the 32MB limits it's performance.

3. rccola70 macrumors regular

I can tell you that it runs smoothly with 1024 x 768 and everything on Normal or medium. Don't know how to do a screenshot though...

4. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Command(Apple key) + Shift + 3
    I thought everybody knew that?

5. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Nope, sorry... I played a game and used Apple+Shift+3, and it made the shutter noise every time, but when I looked at them after the game, they were all scrambled. Blizzard must have some sort of protection that prohibits people from taking shots of the game. If anyone has an alternate method, I'd be more than willing to try it again.

6. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

I believe it is the F13 key, which would pose a bit of a problem for laptop users. Anyone else have any ideas?

edit: By the way, the pictures are not saved to your desktop, they are saved to a screenshot folder in your WoW folder.

7. haiggy macrumors 65816

I believe he's talking about WarCraft 3 not World of WarCraft

8. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Warcraft 3 should run fine on a 32mb iBook at 1024x768 using normal/medium graphics.

9. haiggy macrumors 65816

Yes, it does run fine. You just get slow downs in big battles. You don't need all the shadows and effects so you can just turn them right off. You might lag the odd time, depends on your circumstances.

10. noirnoir macrumors newbie

11. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

12. haiggy macrumors 65816

As I and others have said before, don't think it's possible.

13. Pixeled_Apple macrumors member

Is it that hard, just to take a screenshot, for Win its Print Screen

14. applekid macrumors 68020

Do you really think it'll look that bad on an iBook? Come on now. Just put it at the native resolution, and you're good to go.

Instead, perhaps you should download the demo of WC3 and see for yourself? MacGameFiles.com should help you out.

15. Quobobo macrumors member

Why do you want a screenshot so badly? It's going to look the same on almost any computer, the only thing you might want to be worried about is the fps. Should run fine though.

16. haiggy macrumors 65816

17. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

that is probably one of the only things windows does right. anytime i need to take a screen shot, no matter what program, full screen or not, i just hit PrtSc

18. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I just hit Cmd+Shift+3, that seems to work on everything I know of. Except DVDs, which are video overlay and is not captured by the software (DVD more or less goes directly from the DVD rom to the video card) Some games may initialize this, using mpeg2 video in shots and stuff or whatever. Cmd+Shift+3 works in WoW and I would send you a screenshot of Warcraft 3, But I lack Warcraft 3 and I lack an iBook.

19. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Yea, as I stated earlier, Cmd + Shift + 3 definitely doesn't work for screenshots. It takes them and saves them to the desktop, but they're garbled.

20. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Well i guess i already know what it looks like at 1024x768 res because thats what i play it on right now. I think i was more concerned about lags,slow downs and having to set everything on low which i dont want to do. Im using an nvidia 128 right now so maybe ill just have to get use to a regression :rolleyes:

21. haiggy macrumors 65816

It definately won't play as well as with what you have now, but it'll run okay. Like I said earlier, bigger battles can slow down and there seems to be some lag on my iBook every so often (I think it has to do with my internet connection specifically), but I have heard some people get very good performance. Guess you'll have to try it out.