"War of Words" by Donald Rumsfeld

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Phatpat, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2003
    Washington DC
    I read an op-ed piece by Donald Rumsfeld on Monday, entitled "War of Words". I think it was from the New York Times, but I'm not sure. I read it on my company intranet, which had the texton a custom page, and no link to the original article.

If anyone could help me find it I would appreciate it!
  2. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

Jul 11, 2003
    NYC, or thereabouts
    Stunning. Simply stunning.

Two points:

1. For all the rhetoric about how problems arise when things come to light piecemeal rather than in complete context, I don't buy it.

I'd like to hear one example of "the public heard we were doing x and thought it was bad, but if they only knew that y and z were true, then everyone would agree that x was just A-OK."

In fact, it is my general impression the major sources of criticism are things that are improper under any circumstances and the context fully fails to justify their conduct.

2. What's with his recommendations for the future? These look like a list that W. drew up in 2000 under the heading "Don't Never Do None of This Stuff."
  3. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
  4. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

Jan 30, 2004
    having a drink at Milliways
    is this a real piece?
    how can anybody, anybody!, from this administration seriously say anything like "a healthy culture of communication and transparency between government and the public needs to be established" and keep a straight face?
    i am amazed