Warcraft 3 and wide displays

Discussion in 'Games' started by mcs37, Mar 2, 2003.

1. mcs37 macrumors regular

mcs37

I am thinking of buying the new 17" PB but I am considering holding off until the new 15.4" PB comes out. Question about that wide display--do some games take advantage of the wide display to provide a greater view of the battlefield? Like if I have the 17" PB, will I see a very wide battlefield (more than on a square display) or will the game just appear as a square with black nothingness along the sides? Not that anyone has a 17" but I'm sure people have the cinema displays.

Thanks!

Mike

2. stromie952 macrumors regular

Some games do work at the full resolution, like Warcaft 3 for example. I'm not sure what other games do, but I have tried Warcraft and it works very well. And, yes, I DO have the 17", but mine is an iMac, which will have the same screen as the 17" Powerbook.

3. dabirdwell macrumors 6502

4. Jeffx342 macrumors regular

the games that are ported by Aspyr, Macplay, etc. Dont take advantage of the full screen its always cut off. The games that are not ported use the full screen like Warcraft 3

5. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Theres nothing better then Warcraft three at full resolution on a 23in HD display with a 128mb nvida Gforce4 Ti, ah macworld that was fun:)

6. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Its even better on the 22inch Cinema... :)