Warcraft 3 Battle.net

Discussion in 'Games' started by xgsrpg, Mar 25, 2005.

1. xgsrpg macrumors member

For some reason, if I try connecting to Battle.net on Warcraft 3, it always gives me the cannot connect or invalid server message. This happens to both my Compaq and my PowerBook on the network. I use a Linksys BEFW11S4 router, and I suspect it is the problem. If I plug my PB right into the cable modem, everything is fine. Or if I try the wireless network at someeone else's house, it works fine too. I tried port forwarding and everything, but that should only be a problem for hosting games. Any idea of what's wrong? Thanks

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

3. xgsrpg thread starter macrumors member

Yes, of course. But since this problem affects all computers connected to that one Linksys router, I am thinking it is the router. It works on other wireless networks and with a direct connection to the cable modem.

4. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

5. xgsrpg thread starter macrumors member

6. some1 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem too. Whenever I try to sign onto Battle.net on Warcraft 3 it says "invalid Battle.net" or something like that. I have OS 10.3.8 and I think the reason might be because I'm in Australia, and I own a US version. I've just moved to Australia for a year, and i brought my American Warcraft 3. I hope thats not whats happened, I'd hate to have to pay for a new Australian version. I'm not exactly a mac genius, and I don't know much about routers and that stuff. I definitely don't know how to reset it... could some1 tell me how? Thanks

7. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

There should be a little tiny button somehwere on your router, probably the front, especially if it's a linksys. You have hit the little white button with a pencil or something small. That will reset your router and it should work after that.

8. some1 macrumors newbie

Ugh.. I've never realized how much of a newbie at mac software and hardware I am until I've met you guys. I'm not even exactly sure what a router is. I'm just using a G4 powerbook with Airport wireless internet, and am trying to connect to battle.net but it keeps sayin "invalid server cannot connect" or somethin like that. I've been searching google for any people that are having the same problem as me, and this is the only guy I found. He says that he just reset his router and it works fine now, but I don't even know what a router is. He also said he has a Lynkis router and I have absolutely NO idea what this means, so I am confused as hell. I'm almost wondering whether playing the game on battle.net is worth all this trouble. If anyone can find out what is causing this problem, or can explain what exactly a router is, could they reply to this? Thanks. And thanks JzzTrump22 for trying to answer my questions. If only I wasn't so dumb, lol.

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The Airport is your router. There should be a reset button on it somewhere, it depends on which version of Airport you have but I'm pretty sure it'll be a button about 2mm in diameter with a little triangle on it or something. I'm not near my Airport so I can't check it right now but you'll have instructions from Apple somewhere surely. Just jab a pen into that button (it's pretty small) and Bob's your uncle, it's reset.

Hopefully that's helpful. :)

10. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

A router is a little device that allows more than 1 computer to access the internet and share files over a network of mulitple computers. In your case you have a wireless router/airport. Go to the airport device and there should be a little button it somewhere that will reset it. Hope that helps clarify somethings.