Warcraft 3 doesnt start on my macbook

Discussion in 'Games' started by docss26, Dec 5, 2006.

1. docss26 macrumors newbie

Hey, i searched but was left with confusion. What is the solution to running warcraft 3 on my macbook? When i open it it just quits unexpectedly. Thanks.

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

3. SmileyDude macrumors regular

SmileyDude

I've personally never had a problem with WC3 running on any of the Intel macs (including the MB). The only problem that I've had is the crappy graphics performance of the machines with integrated video.

Does anything show up in Console.app when you try to launch WC3?

4. docss26 thread starter macrumors newbie

as soon as i got it. i installed it properly. When i click the icon to run the came the screen turns black as if its trying to boot up and then quits. then an error comes up saying it quit unexpectadly and all that ********. I think i might have to install it under boot camp or parallels.

5. SmileyDude macrumors regular

SmileyDude

Are you playing the original or the expansion? If it's the expansion, you might need to update it first before trying to play.

I didn't actually run the installer on the Intel Macs -- I've just been dragging my Warcraft III folder from one machine to another. That's always worked fine for me. You might want to try installing it on a PPC mac (if you have one around) and copying the Warcraft III folder over to the MacBook.

6. docss26 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i had bought the battle chest. first installed wc3 then the expansion and then i tried running the expansion. im not quite sure what u mean by pcc. i also do not have an extra mac to do what u recommended me to do.

7. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

It doesn't work for me either. You might wanna try to install the newest patch before starting it. That might work.

8. docss26 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so i installed parallels and installed wc3 and the expansion and tried to run it but it would attempt to load and say there was no disc. i know the cd is fine because when i pop it in the installer screen pops up. wtf is going on?