Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

11blue

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
OK, I just got a new 2.4 GHZ Macbook today, and the only Mac compatible game I have is Warcraft 3. So, I installed it, and it worked. Then, I updated it through Battlenet, and now it will not work. What gives?!

redsteven

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Also, it says Error -43.

You will find that Blizzard offers what's probably the best mac support in the entire gaming business. I'd recommend going straight to them, or at the very least check their mac support forum (if they have one).

I know they have a mac-specific support forum for WoW... not sure if they have one for Warcraft III though. Check http://us.blizzard.com/support/index.xml?gameId=5 and send them an email if you can't find an answer to your problem.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I've never seen the Error 43, but WC3 wouldn't work on my Intel Mac until I selected the program, went to Get Info, and checked the "Open with Rosetta" box

redsteven

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
I've never seen the Error 43, but WC3 wouldn't work on my Intel Mac until I selected the program, went to Get Info, and checked the "Open with Rosetta" box

You can see if that works for the time being, but I'd consider it a work around.

Rosetta is the environment that your intel mac runs older mac programs in... programs that were written for the old PPC macs and haven't been updated to run natively on intel macs.

Most intel-native applications can be FORCED to run in Rosetta via the "open with rosetta" checkbox, but it will cause you to take a hit in performance.

Go to blizzard and see what they say.

edit: BTW, 11blue, take a look at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20646&searchQuery=mac&pageNumber=1 .... not sure if that's your problem though, since you said it worked before you updated it.

aggieguard719

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
How do heros pick up items?

Theres no right click on a MAC... so how do heroes pick up items when you're playing with a MAC?

Padraic

macrumors regular
Theres no right click on a MAC... so how do heroes pick up items when you're playing with a MAC?

There is a right click... go into your system settings, click on 'keyboard & mouse' and change the right mouse button to 'secondary button'.

If you're using a trackpad there's an option to put two fingers on the trackpad and click for secondary buttons (right click) in the same settings screen. That acts just like a right click.

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
As I posted in your thread, lift your fingers off the left side of the mouse before press down with fingers on the right-hand side to perform a right-click on the mighty mouse.

Also, Command and Left-click will perform a right-click in Warcraft.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.