Warcraft and Starcraft Sounds/Installers

Discussion in 'Games' started by darthmaximus, Dec 19, 2004.

1. darthmaximus macrumors newbie

Dec 19, 2004
    I am having trouble finding installers that work on my OS x.3.6 G4 Powerbook for both Warcraft II and Starcraft. I am also looking for a way to get my hands on the sound files of the individual voices once they are on my computer. I do some remixs and such for guys at my college and my hall wants some techno for our starcraft games. So I need the voices, which I cant seem to get. Anyone have any suggestions or installer files?
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    You might need to capture the sound from in the game (ie. turn the background music off then use an app like WireTap to record the voices while the characters are speaking). On the other hand, there's probably a way to decompress the sound files into a usable format.
  3. dizastor macrumors 6502a

Dec 27, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I'm assuming that Warcraft and Starcraft use the same MPQ file format as World of Warcraft does. I wasn't able to find any apps for the mac to extract the audio files, but I also have a PC on my desk next to my mac, and I downloaded WinMPQ, it's an older program and it works like a charm to extract all of the sound files from an MPQ file.

Similarly I am also putting together a techno song using the in game voices.