Warcraft III crashing...

Discussion in 'Games' started by spencecb, Apr 1, 2006.

1. spencecb macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2003
    Hey everyone. I don't remember if any of you read a thread I made about a month ago about having Warcraft III lock up my entire system, forcing me to restart the computer by holding down the power button. This would happen nearly every time I played the game.

Well, it would appear that the problem has been resolved. I think it was being caused by the fact that I only had 512 MB RAM in my iMac. I aded 1 GB this week, bringing it up to 1.5 GB. That seems to have stopped all crashing on my computer.

2. cairo macrumors regular

May 6, 2005
    Congrats! I thought the min requirements for that game was like 256Mb of RAM...
  3. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2003
    It may only require 256 MB RAM, but something else was envoking these Kernel Panics. It was probably OS X, as it is RAM hungry, and it just didn't have enough.
  4. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles, California
    im glad that solved your problem but it shouldnt have been the cause. hhmmm
  5. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2003
    And it turns out it is not the cause. I opened my mouth too soon, because as soon as I posted that today, I played the game on my iMac and it locked up the system yet again.

It's really ****ing pissing me off. There is no excuse why this game should be causing the system to crash.

Whoever is working on this problem either at Apple or Blizzard (probably Blizzard), they need to get their ass in gear. It's been doing this since I got this iMac in November 2005.