Warcraft III demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patmian212, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Does anyone know if the demo can be played online and if so what are the restrictions? Also if i download the demo then the frozen throne demo can I upgrade the original reign of chaos demo? If so, will that be able to play online. I read a few things on macgamefiles.com but im still not clear on this aspect.

PS:
    Same exact question goes for the starcraft/broodwar demos

2. haiggy macrumors 65816

3. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I just figured out that the frozen throne demo doesnt exist, I might have read it wrong, but reign of chaos still does. So now my question is what are the limitations on online play on warcraft III reign of chaos and starcraft?

4. haiggy macrumors 65816

I would highly doubt you're able to play on Battle.net with a demo version. How is this limiting the game play then? I'd imagine it is only single player campaign. People could just play custom games against computers or online all they want if these features were available. Just doesn't make sense to me. If you seem like you're interested in the game or want to buy it I'd suggest buying the BattleChest (comes with both versions) for a very good price. It's gotten way lower over the years.

5. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

On macgamefiles and blizzard its very vague, it says you can play online on battlenet with the demo but thats it, doesnt say if you can only pick humans or limited maps or anything like that.

6. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

You're talking about a *free* demo here. Why not simply download the demo and give it a try, see if it will give u online play or not?

That would be quicker than asking us all!

..RedTomato..

7. cruxed macrumors regular

cruxed

You can play online, but Blizzard matches you up with other Demo players.

You can only play as Orcs, play 1v1 and play in one map.

Also, whilst playing, you cannot get a few structures, and you can only get one hero (normally you can get up to 4)

I played the Warcraft 3 demo for half a year before i actually bought the game. The demo is great if you want to try out the game!

Have fun.

8. haiggy macrumors 65816

You can only get 3 heroes unless you are talking about the possibility of 4. In game play, you can only summon 3 heroes but in TFT there is the option of 4. In ROC however it is 3 as well. Since you're talking about the ROC demo (I believe) then the number of heroes is no different in the demo than the retail version.

9. jumpinjackflash macrumors newbie

can u hav the warcraft 3 roc demo and install the frozen throne onto that and then just use the frozen throne??:confused:

10. haiggy macrumors 65816

I highly doubt that. Why would Blizzard enable you to play the full version of the game without buying Roc? If you want to play TFT and you don't have an RoC CD..... I'd suggest buying the battle chest. I found it for the same price as the individual RoC or TFT CD's

11. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    just get a copy, its a pretty old game going for cheap right now