WarCraft III expansion TFT went GOLD!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by VegetaPunk, May 31, 2003.

1. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

2. mstecker macrumors 6502

I'm a little bit annoyed...

I loved WCIII. I bought it the day it came out. I played throught the single-player missions twice. I've played quite a bit against friends. I've also been looking forward to WCIII THT with great excitement. Still, I'm a bit annoyed at how long Bilzzard is taking to bring this to market as well as with the way they've staged their Beta program.

Why? It seems like everyone I know somehow has a copy of TFT already - be it a legitimate Beta or a copy found on a p2p site. On July 1, when it arrives on store shelves, I feel like I'll be lining up with the suckers to buy the "leftovers".

Also, if the game has Gone GM in May, why wait until July 1 to release it? Why not release it for instant online purchase? Does Blizzard think that their games get better with age?

3. VegetaPunk thread starter macrumors 6502

The beta testers (I being one) will still buy the game, we only got to play the multiplayer mode I will be standing in line to get my hands on the story which I care more about then the online play :D

Blizzard takes its time on games, for example World of warcarft is said to be running right now with less bugs, and more smoothly then most MMORPGs out right now, blizzard is all about quality and not rushing a product out asap...

The reason for not putting it on the shelves now is because it just went GM and it probably takes a while to manufacture the product (well a certain amout that is and Im sure they wait until they can send a certain amount to many stores across the US such as EB, Game Stop, etc

4. VegetaPunk thread starter macrumors 6502

oh ya and They are better then most companies because while they are shipping the Mac OS X and the PC version at the same time, other companies wait and wait and wait *cough*everquest*cough*4 years

5. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

WCIII TFT looks awesome! Although I didn't get the beta, i still want to play it!

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Don't you mean FOREVERquest? ;) :)

I had 30 people register for the beta in my 4 blocks alone -- 0 people got in.
    :(
    0 in my school, 0 in my town.
    Of Coarse 30 people in my town have playied it, gah!

7. mstecker macrumors 6502

This is exactly my point. By making the beta really large, and really well publicized (new screenshots, beta progress reports, all of the time), they just piss of people like me who weren't deemed "suitable" for the Beta.

When people like me get pissed off, their eyes wander to the p2p networks, like the poster's friends above.

Why not release an open beta? Or a "demo" beta? This worked so well for Doom, Quake, etc. No one felt left out, everyone was jazzed about the game, and people went out and bought it when it was released.

8. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Aparently they made some BS reason that their servers couldn't handle it.

BTW, the only thing you needed to get into the Beta is a 'CD' Key (no CD given).

The program to install itself is downloadable from bilzzard itself.

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I can't wait to get my hands on it, my poor iMac can't handle the graphics well though, it chokes on big battles even with all the settings turned down:(
    I'll see you guys online!

10. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

maybe they could've made a SINGLE player beta demo without the multiplayer ability. so that we don't get left out.?

11. woodsey macrumors regular

If you are not already, run it in os 9. Warcraft III runs **** in os x

12. thanatos macrumors newbie

Does anybody know if WC3 TFT will run any better in OS X than the original did? Maybe panther will fix the problem? .......

13. zed macrumors 6502

War III was fun, but i did not find it nearly as addictive as the previous warcraft/starcraft games. This one did not seem to have all of the wrinkles ironed out........ that being said... im not sure if im going to buy the Frozen throne.... guess we'll have to see