Warcraft III & Frozen Throne Campaign Crash?

Discussion in 'Games' started by socamx, Aug 11, 2006.

1. socamx macrumors 6502

I just reinstalled WC3 and the Frozen Throne expansion pack again yesterday for the first time in over a year, and I can't seem to get the game to work. The campaign mode crashes when I select a thing to play.

I can get on Battle.net fine, got the patches, I can do custom games offline fine... but I can't play the singler player campaign at all. Not in WCIII or the Frozen Throne.

I've searched all over and can't find anything, logs don't show any errors.. the game just crashes to the desktop without even a crash report.

Running on a dual 1.8 G5 with 1280 MB of ram and a Radeon X800 XT.

Anyone have any ideas what is wrong? I've exhausted my options that I know of.

2. socamx thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright I have found out the problem, DivX was at fault. If I moved the DivX Decoder.component out of the /Library/Quicktime/ folder, the campaign mode no longer crashes and the movies play.

3. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

that's strange... The divx components never caused me any trouble. Plus, I think that Warcraft uses its own DivX decoder when playing the movies through the game... (actually, if you rename the movies' filenames' endings from .mpq to .avi they will be played in Quicktime player).