Warcraft III Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theman5725, Aug 22, 2006.

1. theman5725 macrumors 6502

I recently purchased warcraft III (battle chest) and it won't work on my mac or my pc. When i try to launch it on my mac i simply get an error that won't launch it for me. On my PC it says I have to insert the cd even though its already in there. Is there a way i can fix it or do i simply have a bad copy of the game?

2. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

sounds like a bad copy, altho you can dl a no cd crack and see if it runs then. use alcohol 120% or some other program to get your virtual drives and what not. since you did buy the game and have a valid cd key, then it isnt illegal by any means

3. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

Virtual drivers? could you explain before i download the free trial to alchol 120%?

4. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

could somebody please help? i would prefer to fix the application or something instead of getting a new copy of the game.

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Check the disks using disk utility. Verify them to see if they are OK.

If all is ok do a fresh install.

If the problem is still happening you have a few options. One is just return them for new cds.

Plus what does the error say exactly? ARe you on an intel machine? or a ppc machine? are you running classic? or os x.

Is your computer installing the game with no problems?

6. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

I ran the disk utility and it the discs are faulty. I guess I will just return them. :/