warcraft III or age of mythology?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jero, Jan 1, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

im gonna buy one of these on saturday. which ever gets the most recomendations by saturday i will get. so if you dont mind taking a second to help me out by posting your opinions.

running it on a g4 ibook, 640mb ram.(they both should run fine on my machine right? hope so.)

thanks.

2. dho
    macrumors 6502

I have only played Warcraft, but i can tell you that it is an awsome game.

I am even hosting a tournament Warcraft Macrumors tounament right now.

I would highly recomend the Warcraft, and the expansion set is very cool.

3. macrumors newbie

Definately get AGE OF MYTHOlOGy. I have played both and WarCraft gets extremely boring while AOM never does.

4. macrumors newbie

I beat warcraft a couple months ago, and I just got age of mythology. Both games are perfect examples of fun real time strategy games. Age of mythology looks alot better than warcraft and it's upgrades, units, and specials (ie. the power of the gods etc...) top warcraft, but Warcrafts storyline is much better and their hero system is much better. Both games are worth getting but If I would have to choose one it would be age of mythology.

5. macrumors regular

I never played AoM, but Warcraft III multiplayer sure is a lot of fun.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

i love both warcraft II and age of empires. but im really looking for replay value. even though im sure BOTH games provide alot of it. i guess this is a win win situation. but after spending 1500 on my ibook, i dont have much left in my wallet. so i gotta pick one. im leaning towards AOM right now.

7. macrumors 6502

Warcraft III is nothing like Warcraft II. That's why I was so disappointed. I liked the gameplay of Warcraft II much better.

8. macrumors regular

are you kidding me?!?!?! Warcraft 2 is sooo lame compared to WC 3. It is an awesome game!!! Especially with more than 1 player.

No if it is just you playing, you might go with AOM, but if you have friends, do yourself a favor and get WC 3! Things like tower defenses are sooo much fun, and seem like a different game.

9. macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

WARCRAFT III definitely!
    But make sure to also get the expansion.

10. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

11. macrumors member

Given that everyone's mileage seems to vary, I prefer WCIII far above AoM. WCIII never got old, while AoM bored me to tears after only a few hours. The AoM expansion pack helped, but not enough to lift it over WCIII and FROZEN THRONE.

12. macrumors 6502

WCIII all the way...... but thats coming from a fanboy (although I do have an open mind about games)

anyways WCIII has a rich story that will be lead into probably one of the greatest games of our times World of Warcraft!!!

13. macrumors 6502

oh ya the cool thing about WCIII is that it comes with the game editor too which turns the game into a bunch of other games as well!!!

I have played WCIII RIsk, theres a hero arena game out there thats fun, tower wars the list goes on. Right now Im making an RPG Campain map about Blood Elves *drools*

14. thread starter macrumors regular

the votes came in, thanks to everyone that replied with their opinion. i went a got warcraft III today. havent played it yet cause im on here. but i will play it in a bit. im sure i'll really like it. peace.

15. macrumors newbie

Good choice i hope you bought the battle chest contain warcraft 3 and frozenthrone (the expansion )

16. macrumors 6502a

aethier

i have the battle chest, and i cannot connect to battle.net.. :(

aethier

17. macrumors 6502

whats happening?? are you behind a firewall? what are your specs?