Warcraft III Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by Vlade, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I know at least one other person is having this problem, but does anyone know how to fix it?

I just downloaded the patch for the beta, so im at 300, i then tried to log on again and It tries to download a patch. 5-20% in I get a kernal panic :(

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Re: Warcraft III Problems

I'm having the same problem. I installed the beta, then downloaded the first large patch. That worked fine, but whenever I try to download the second smaller patch my computer just stops responding (nothing on my screen indicates a kernal panic, the computer just freezes).

If anyone has any advice that would be great.

3. Vlade thread starter macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I have been talking to tech support and this is what he said

Im going to try that now

4. Omad0n macrumors regular

Success

So I tried this out, and no Kernal panics while Dling the patches!!! Thanks for the tip man.

5. Vlade thread starter macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Re: Success

Didnt work for me... what are your exact settings, i will try that.

6. Omad0n macrumors regular

I turned all the settings down to low and my res down to the lowest possible. I also turned off all music and sound effects. In the end it didn't matter though cause I still can't get past beta patch 304a. Says it DL's it, then installs, then I reboot war3x and it feels like Dling 304a again. Won't even go to 305. THough I think it has something to do with the fact taht it might be thinking it's DLing patch 302 again. Though I don't know why. I reported the problem to blizzard, but theway they help macs is well, less then good. Also I'm running a dual 867 latest OSX and 640 megs of ram. I really wish they'd get this fixed cause on the b.net forums other mac users have complained too, but none have gotten any real replies from blizz. And yes I've tried reinstalling everything about 5 or 6 times. Sadly the 1st time I did it I wasn't thinking ahead and threw out war3classic replays and stuff. Oh well I guess that's the way it goes.

7. Vlade thread starter macrumors 6502a

Vlade

That still doesnt work for me, I keep getting kernal panics :(. This sucks, I really want to play the beta too, i may have to give my CD key to my windows friends

8. Omad0n macrumors regular

Yeah sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Which update is it panicing on? Also I forgot to mention I'm running this all with a ATI Radeon 8500 if that makes a difference. And once again getting past the panics isn't really doing me any good since I can't get past 304 due to what I believe is an installer problem from blizzard.

9. Vlade thread starter macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Im stuck going from 300 to whatever. I have a nvidia geforce2mx, I wonder if that could be the problem.

Oh well... they better fix it by the final release...

10. andynis macrumors newbie

install problem Warcraft III

Help me guys

I try to install the game on my iBook, but always the same message: <please insert de CD Warcraft III... bla, bla> Of course, the CD is in... but always computer eject the CD. How can I install the game?