Warcraft III TFT Battle.net Game Day

Discussion in 'Games' started by Warcraft3Ownage, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Warcraft3Ownage macrumors newbie

Hey all you mac people, its that little girl that asked about Warcraft III at the last computer meeting. You thought i should post on the macforums about a warcraft III battle.net game day. So if it'll ever happen, when? my username is lafrance101 . not to replace the computer party though.

2. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

What?

3. Warcraft3Ownage thread starter macrumors newbie

i got the suggestion at the last computer meeting that i should post and ask to set up battle.net gaming time(s). so im doing that now

4. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Oh.

Well I'm usually on after work for a few hours.

But I usually only play WMW or I 2v2 AT with my friend...

5. Warcraft3Ownage thread starter macrumors newbie

ill play enfos, wintermaul TD, halo TD, sometimes WMW, spellcraft, diablo rpg

6. Warcraft3Ownage thread starter macrumors newbie

im good single player player with all races too, especially undead and orc

7. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I don't get it...

Hmm... You wanna do what? Set up times when we get on and play? I don't see the point... At any given time, there are usually 50,000 players on Warcraft 3 alone!

8. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

A lot of people say they're good...

I'm ranked and I'm not even that great of a player...

9. Warcraft3Ownage thread starter macrumors newbie

the point was to get people of the same connection so you dont get those dial-up people that lag up the game and eventually drop. and plus i would know these people.

10. Warcraft3Ownage thread starter macrumors newbie

ya, i dont want to go on ladder against pros... it would suck badly. i havent played ladder though, just custom

11. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

So then I don't think you're really that great...

I usually play for ladder only.

12. Warcraft3Ownage thread starter macrumors newbie

im not "great" but im okay for my own standards

13. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Well I'm on ATM: vraxtusX3J

14. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

you would get stomped on ridiculously in ladder (unless you can beat custom on insane). custom games on normal are ridiculously easy (they just go for your hero, if you can move, you win). on easy...i won't even get into that.

if you ever want to play a game my name is Manwe.Sullimo, i'm somewhere in the low 20's as far as ranking. i usually don't play until early in the morning (like 1 am) until sunrise, when i eventually pass out.

don't ask, i have an extremely odd sleep habit.

15. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Ranked... on what. Single? 2v2? 3v3? AT? What?

16. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

i do random 3v3 as i find it the hardest, most satisfying.

1v1 can go either way depending on a variety of factors (girlfriend calls mid game, cat jumps on your balls, friends drop by unexpectedly).

2v2 you are stuck relying on your teammate, if they are newbie, you are finished.

3v3 you are you usually guaranteed one decent player. Even if one teammate is horrible, you can still win. If they both suck, but at least play, you can beat a weak team.

4v4 is just gay.

Free For All (see above).

Set-Up Games, only fun if it is with a friend. People you meet online looking to set up a game = noob, same if they ask you to join their "clan".

I've been playing for quite awhile, played every type of arrangement, i find 3v3 to be the ideal balance (although you do occasionally get noobed pretty badly, i'd say over half my losses are from backstabbings/noobers).

obtw, did you ever solve your weak frame rates on your powerbook? that **** would drive me over the edge.

17. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Ahhh right on. Yeah I'm like 450 on 3v3 AT.

And no, still haven't figured it out.

18. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

450 what? battle.net says your lvl 3...im confused.

19. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

I'm 26 on AT 3v3, #449 I think on 3v3 AT ladder.

20. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Dude... I just checked your account.

You're not ranked...

Did you know that # is NOT your rank, but your LEVEL? Those are COMPLETELY different things...

I'm LEVEL 26 on 2v2 AT, which RANKS me at #449 against all other 2v2 AT players.

You might want to adjust your lingo before you uhh claim something that is clearly incorrect.

21. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

wow talk about anal, do you think i give a ****? it's alot easier when you actually know your teammate. you should try random and get your acct above lvl 3.

22. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

I used to last ladder season. I was level 27 before they reset... but then I had only played for about 3 months. And it was all 3v3 random team.

23. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I'm not very good at all at WC3. Things have changed since the days of starcraft (a game I was fairly good at). I just can't seem to get the hang of the bigger battles, any advice for a bad night elf player?

24. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

I'm an Orc only player myself... so I can give you some things that are easy to exploit about NE that you might be able to work around.

1) Wisps make the easiest workers to harass, with a BM I can kill one with lvl 1 WW in 2 hits. Usually detonate is the best counter against dying ones.

2) Most players make the mistake of going hunts EVERY SINGLE GAME. When attacking orcs with burrows, this can be an extremely stupid thing to do as piercing damage from burrows can really prevent your rush from being effective.

3) I've noticed the better NE players tend to use the archer/bears combo. This is particularly effective if the other team doesn't get tank units, such as knights, tauren or to a lesser extent, abos.

4) When I play NE, I almost always use Keeper. Entangle is one of the best early game spells, as it can take down most low hit point units rather quickly.

5) If you want to practice I'm usually on at nights... but first I would recommend you try hero-only custom maps, to strengthen your micro skills first.

25. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Converted2Truth

I've always found that i get slaughtered no matter what within the first 5-10 minutes. I suck... but just need some training. Unfortunately, i've found battle.net to be nothing more that a noob slaughterhouse...