Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne "To Be Continued" !?!

Discussion in 'Games' started by BigJayhawk, Jul 18, 2003.

1. BigJayhawk macrumors regular

After all this time waiting, I come to find out that WCIII: TFT has only one episode and the second and third "will available in the future" at Blizzard.com???

WTF? I get a "to be continued" message on my TV sitcom -- not on my game I just bought YESTERDAY and have already reached the end? Am I MISSING SOMETHING?

(OK, I like the single version games. Multiplayer gets me addicted and then I will NEVER get any actual WORK done. So, please answer with reference to the Single Player Mode.)

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Maybe its Frozen Throne Expansion... Expansion?

lol.

3. BigJayhawk thread starter macrumors regular

Apparently?!?

I've always LOVED the challenge of Blizzard games (granted the Expansion sets have not taken as long to beat as the Master Games), but ONE DAY and then "to be continued"? -- OUCH!

Now I have to resist the temptation to making my $40 worthwhile by going on to Battlenet! Which step is the one where you "admit you have a problem?" heh!

4. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

i think the to be continued part is on the orc campaign... cuz their not done with creating it yet... so it will be available to dowload at www.blizzard.com when they get it out..

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

6. mstecker macrumors 6502

Only on the "bonus" campaign

The "to be continued" is only on the "Bonus" Orc campaign. The main campaign is fully on the disc.

7. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Only the Orc campaign is incomplete. The final parts will be included with TFT patches in the near future.

Though the main campaign does kind of trail off at the end...

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yeah... as others have said, you do get 3 complete campaigns. the 4th, the "bonus" campaign seems unconnected to the other 3, and is the only one that does not conclude (yet). I do find the ending to the other three campaigns rather unsatisfying though...

9. BigJayhawk thread starter macrumors regular

Re: Only on the "bonus" campaign

I know what I did now (and interestingly enough, I figured this out on my own after giving it more thought -- then I checked back here). In Diablo II expansion you could choose to start the ENTIRE THING over using the new expansion characters -- OR -- start from the expansion set episodes. When you start up WCIII: TFT it has two starting points. I started the "bonus episode" thinking I was starting at the beginning of the Expansion Set when it was, in fact, JUST a bonus to the Expansion set. So, when it ended with "To Be Continued" I thought it was over.

I went back and decided to play the whole thing with the new characters (to get my money's worth) and -- voila -- there was the actual game that I missed to begin with.

Thanks for everyone's responses to this though. In case my confusion had not corrected itself, you would have been a life saver (or at least a game saver:) )

10. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

ok well if u go into the map edioter... then the sound propertys.. and somewhere in there they have the voices for the WHOLE orc campaign! and yet they still dont have the actualy thing out yet!

11. BigJayhawk thread starter macrumors regular

Heh, BUILD YOUR OWN sequel

Well, you know. We should just build our own ending to the Orc Campaign?!?

12. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

i would... but i dont know how to use the editor:eek: :eek:

13. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

The editor is a lot of fun to play with. The amount of control you have in designing worlds is amazing. And it's not that hard to use... just play around with it and you can figure out most of it.