Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

Discussion in 'Games' started by Durandal7, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

It is being reported by WarcraftIII.net that the next issue of GameNOW will reveal information on a planned expansion to WCIII called Wacraft III: The Frozen Throne. No further info is known yet but I would expect leaks in the next few days.

You can put me down for a copy :D

2. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

Computer Gaming World Magazine is now expected to have an article as well dealing with the WCIII expansion.

I hope that Blizzard introduces a new playable race in the expansion pack, they did initially say there would be 5 in WCIII.

3. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

I would love an expansion, even if there is not another playable race, this means new hero types, new abilities, and new units to play with. They said they cut out the burning leigion as a playable race cause they were too powerful, and balancing them (as blizzard meticulously does so well) would weaken them too much. Maybe they have something up their sleeve.

What I'd like to see in the form of new units would be more trolls or tauren from the orcs, like priests, or stuff, more spiders for the UD, cant think of anything else, but a third caster for each race would be nice, or maybe a new hero class.

All I know is that its gonna rock, and suck more money from me and take up way too much of my time :(

4. diorio macrumors 6502a

At least your not spending your money on crack.:D

I look forward to buying WC3. Tomarrow I pick up my new computer which will be the first I have actually able to run WC3. Sounds like starcraft, but fantasy, and 3D.

5. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

The new race *should* be the "Burning Legion" whihc was initially in the game but was removed for being unbalanced and too powerful.

6. ddtlm macrumors 65816

Hey cool, by time this is realeased I might even have a Mac that can handle big 8-way games. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to getting this expansion.

7. ddtlm macrumors 65816

8thDegreeSavage:

Hopefully they don't waste their time on a new race. Just like Starcraft before Brood Wards, we need more units.

8. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

The Burning Legion may yet make it into the game as a playable race, after all they would be very weakened and pissed off after the final WCIII mission.

I predict that the Lich King will rebel against the legion.

9. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

Blizzard's hint

Just visited Blizzard.com and this came up. Is Blizzard trying to tell us something?

Attached Files:

10. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

I bet you're right. Undead/Night Elf/Human/Orc all beating down the leaderless legion... I'm definetly going to get this...

In reply to 8thdegreesavage, the legion is still in the game, it's just enemy only (I take it you haven't played the orc mission where they're raining Infernals on you. That one was a bitch. They kept dropping demons in the middle of my attack forces just as I hit an enemy town).

11. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I dont know about this expansion. Im starting to get bored with games like this, warcraft, warcraft 2, starcrat, warcraft 3, age of empires, empire earth. they all just seem the same. this is just my opinion though. the only thing i like about blizzard games is that when they make a game for the mac it actually plays good. most of these ported games to mac play like crap, even on a good machine, but you can play warcraft on a not so great machine great, its amazing. warcraft 3 looks beautiful on my radeon 9000, its the only game i will play on my mac, everything else goes to my pc. i wish somebody would pick up battlefield 1942 for mac. i am so addicted to it. can't wait for the expansion.

iJon

12. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Come on Blizzard bring it on!!!! More addiction for me!!!

I can't wait!! I can't wait to take the armies of the horde to the forzen north!!!

13. job macrumors 68040

job

Bah.

I need to buy a new computer before I even think about playing WC3 at reasonable specs.

14. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

Then play another genre, they are all the same type of game so move on to RPG or FPS if they are boring you. Most FPS games are about the same but they still keep making them.

15. diorio macrumors 6502a

I am much more bored with FPS than games like starcraft and warcraft. These games at least require strategy, and aren't all just running around blindly killing people for no reason. I mean, UT2003 is fun, but has a weak storyline. WC3 all the way baby!

16. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

There was actually 6 races at the initial announcement. The 6th race was never revealed but was trimmed out of the game a few months into development. Then a few months later the Burning Legion was trimmed as well.

I hope that the Orcs get a decent air unit, I want to see Dragons back in the horde.

17. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

the dragon was actually decent but then there are different types of dragons now. Which dragons do u prefer to become part of the horde?

18. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

Any of them really, the Horde needs a decent air unit. Blue Dragons or Red Dragons seem like good candidates though. They could always write in the Bronze dragons that show up in one of the multi-player maps.

19. Ner'zhul macrumors newbie

Well

This game must have alot to do with Ner'zhul seeing as how "The frozen Throne" Is Ice crown where he is imprisoned and there is 1 new hero the blood mage so far and there was this masked troll thing in the screenshots and I'm guessing that these knight things for humans as well I'm guessing that Night Elves is going to be the first race in the expansion then undead because we haven't heard from them for a while.

20. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

First campaign is Night Elf, then Human, then Undead are last.

21. Perci Mac macrumors member

Well this is the best news I've had since, well, a long time. He he!