Warcraft III: Under the Burning Sky scene...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Gus, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Gus macrumors 65816

Jan 1, 2002
    I am playing this on my iBook/800 which more doubles the system requirements for the game. On the scene "Under the Burning Sky" (the one where you have to keep Kel Thuzad alive), I have all options turned down or off, including sound options and music. It slows to such an alarming rate that I cannot control my forces because of extreme lag.

I have an iBook 800 w/384MB RAM. I use an external mouse. Please don't just tell me to buy a G4.

Thanks for any help!

2. job macrumors 68040

Jan 25, 2002
    in transit
    What version of WC3 are you running?

Are you using Jag or 10.1.x?

Some of these updates greatly improve the overall performance of WC3.

Oh, btw, that level is a bitch. I remember playing it on a slot loading iMac (400Mhz, 320MB RAM, 8MB VRAM)

You think your slowdowns were bad... :p :D
  3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

May be your OS depending on what you have, My computer slows down alot but I did not have too much trouble wit that level. It could be your CD, it does happen.

Play online sometime my new screen name is EatDaSheep
    Even wit 16mb of VRAM i'm kicking ass;)
  4. Gus thread starter macrumors 65816

Jan 1, 2002
    I have 10.2.3, and WC 1.04.

I beat this level once when I first bought the game, but I am re-doing the entire game for fun. WooHoo, what fun! ;P

You know, I wa a HUGE WCII online player, but I have YET to get online w/WCIII. It's so different, I guess it's a little intimidating. I will look for you, but I will probably suck at it for a while. :)

What did you mean that it might be the CD?

5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    Don't be intimidated, I find that human players are easier then custom games against the computer. Today i got a new screenname for Battle.net and am well on my way to a Green Dragon icon.

I am Durandal007 on the Azeroth server.
  6. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2002
    to prepare for online, be able to beat a normal comp, and move up to an insane comp. At least it helps build practice for multiplayer maps, the missions pretty much lead you to do stuff, multiplayer is more open. Get a good build order and a strategy, learn to micromanage, make use of shops and mercinaries, creep well, scout and win.
  7. hui__lim macrumors regular

Nov 12, 2002
    Is there any battlenet WC3 strategy guides on the internet to teach me the rough basics as to what to build on the net? I mainly use the orcs race... Many Thanks
  8. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2002
    The battle.net website has a basic strategy guide, tells mainly what units do what, and simple stuff like that. Warcraftstrategy.com has detailed strategies based on game type (one on one, 2 on 2 3 on 3 etc) and race. Or type in Warcraft strategy in Google, there are tons of sites relating to this, with replays to watch as well.