WarCraft NoCD ???

Discussion in 'Games' started by iSam, Dec 1, 2003.

1. iSam macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I've heard tell of this fabulous but elusive piece of code can ANYONE tell me where to find it??

I'm looking for it for Warcraft 3 desparately and if possible for Frozen Throne aswell!

:confused:

2. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

In the past their have been many threads on this issue but at the moment I can not seem to find any. I know that the problem lied in the way you created the image but I can't elaborate. Someone knows what I'm talking about.

3. iSam thread starter macrumors newbie

i suspected that there may have been previous posts but i too am unable to find them!

your curious comment makses no sense to me!! is it possible anyone could just tell me the answer without going through whatever initiation you normally put newbies through?? :p

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I just downloaded it last week from limewire. works excellent! Also Civilization 3 also works when you download it from Limewire without a cd. However you still need to make a diskimage everytime you want to play it.

Edit after reading post below about that I could get banned -> Disclamer: Ofcourse I bought the games after I had soooo much fun playing them and I never would participate in software piracy :D, so by downloading them I was only checking them out if I liked them or not and if they where worth buying! A normal demo is soooo limited.

5. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

My WarCraft 3 runs no CD, bootlegged of course

6. m4rc macrumors 6502

Watch your posts guys, you all face being moderated, banned even for discussing illegal software.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

wait wait. Bootlegged is one thing, but no cd is another. I bought full retail on both RoC and TFT, and I play with no cd... because I made a disc image from the cd I own. That's a totally different issue from bootlegging a copy.

8. poisonmonkey macrumors newbie

most of the No CD stuff is for Windows. To not use a cd, use create an image file using toast. Beforing playing mount the image on your drive and it wil act as your cd. There you have it, no CD.

9. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Its always nice when someone figures out which files it checks for, and makes like a 1-8 meg toast image to mount instead of the full thing... saves hard drive space.

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Well I suppose you could just start deleting files one by one until it doesn't recognise the image anymore.

11. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    All you need to do with Civ3, is make a empty *.dmg with the name of the CD. Everything works except for some music and some other clips. For some reason, i'd get kernel panics when i use the real CD in my A05, I think there's something with drive sleep, but yeah, it's possible.