Warcraft Problem?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nerve, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Nerve macrumors member

I just finished installing world of warcraft onto my macbook pro and loaded it up to play. I went to get my first quest and clicked a computer character, the character becomes highlighted but doesn't show any information box. I tried looting a corpse and no box appears.

I bought a mouse trying to fix it, but still the same. Why are these boxes not showing?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Fnord macrumors member

Fnord

Talking to quest givers and looting are both done by right clicking, not clicking.

3. esXXI macrumors member

You select people/NPCs with a left click, to interact you use a right click (you don't need to select them first). It's the same looting and interacting with 'nodes' such as ore deposits, herbs, etc.

4. Nerve thread starter macrumors member

I know that, thats what I meant by clicking, Im no n00b to the ways of warcraft, it just diesn't let me open the boxes on warcraft for looting or questing...probably other things aswell, But I havent checked,

5. Nerve thread starter macrumors member

*I just opened up warcraft again, I cant loot or talk to NPCs, they speak when clicked, become highlighted but show no box, I can open my quest log and other stuff still....help?*

6. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Sounds like you may have connection problems, all the info you can access seems to be part of the locally held data-set, all the other stuff is server-side.

You may be suffering form excessive lag or firewall issues.

7. Nerve thread starter macrumors member

I don't think thats it at all, my latency is it 80ms when I look and Im having no connection problems, and would that even effect one thing.....I can still open quest log etc.

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

So it's not responding to any right-clicks at all? In Sys Prefs > Mouse, is the right button set as secondary?

9. Nerve thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man! It's working fine.

10. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Great. Now go kill stuff in the spirit of christmas...:D

11. Nerve thread starter macrumors member

12. sidman656 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I have a MacBook and I can't rightclick or Mouse+CTRL in Warcraft! I went to System Preferences and it said nothing about right clicking. Can someone please give me an alternative from CTRL+ mouse in order to right click??? :confused:

13. wcalderini macrumors member

Emote.

Just on a side note.
    My "emote" tab seems to have completely dissappeared after the last patch.
    It has to be tied to my character prefs because it appears to go to whatever
    comp I log in from. mac or pc.
    I've looked in the obvious interface areas, but can't seem to find anything tied to the emote tab on my chat window.
    It just be gone.
    Any clues will be appreciated.

WRC

14. rbarris macrumors 6502

The correct key combo for WoW (and other Blizzard titles) to emulate right click, is Command+click, not Control+click.