Warhammer 40,000

Discussion in 'Games' started by comictimes, Oct 29, 2004.

1. comictimes macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    Berkeley, California
    Does anyone know whether warhammer 40,000 is going to be coming out for mac ever, or if so, when? Because I've played it on friends' computers and it's SO much fun! But I can't find any info on a possible mac port of it...
  2. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

Apr 28, 2004
    WH40k rules. I even have the miniatures...im such a nerd...alas...i know of no mac version :mad:.
  3. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    It sounds like many people are thoroughly enjoying it. The only things we need to see are good reviews and high sales number to make it a candidate of a Mac port. There was a little buzz about the PC version in the IMG Forum, so if anybody porting houses saw the thread, they probably would see the interest, and perhaps pursue it.

But, at the moment, there is nothing official.
  4. citrusonic macrumors newbie

Jun 1, 2006
    Intel CoreDuo 1.83 =

Warhammer Gold game says it requires P4 2.4GHz or Equal? Will my 1.83GHz CoreDuo in XP work with the Game?
  5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    Core Duo 1.83 > P4 2.4ghz. by a pretty large margin. In fact, I'd put money on a Core Solo 1.83ghz (if they made such a beast) outperforming a P4 2.4ghz. As long as the video card is up to snuff, I'd say you'd be OK.

Anyways, 40k is pretty fun, but I spent 100's of hours playing Necromunda. It was a mini's game also from Games Workshop that was similar to WH4k in it's move rules, etc., but was squad tactics based. Generally you only played with 6-10 troops on each side, 2 up to even 6 sides could play at a time (although I found more than 3 to be too slow to be fun).

Each mini was a character, with a name, EXP, skills, wounds, and weapons that carried from game to game. You earned credits to buy more weapons and equipment, got wounds from being hit during a battle, sometimes they died from the wounds, you could recruit new members of your "gang", who gained XP and earned more skills as they battled. It was a blast; and had the bonus of only needing ~8 figures, so you could afford to play :p and also had time to paint each model with detail without devoting your entire life to it!

I'd love to see a MMORPG/strategy game based on that rule set and world.
  6. LastLine macrumors 65816

Aug 24, 2005
    Which particular game? Dawn of War?
  7. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2003
    San Diego
    They must be taking about DoW. I can't think of anything else it would be.

btw. Warhammer MoC looks freakin AWESOME!!!