WarioWare Smooth Moves

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's here a day early :) I've only played up to the 2nd set of levels but it's just as you'd expect from a WW title. It's crazy, funny and very enjoyable. though multiplayer isn't available from the get go unfortunately!

The controller explanations were quite surprising :eek: and the rules are-

It's fun :) obviously don't expect anything more than a WW game there is nothing new in terms of presentation, story etc in this (so far). It's all down to the Form Baton!

2. LifeIsCheap macrumors regular

What's the deal with no multiplayer from the get-go? I thought that was the idea of the game. Have you got to unlock the games? (Mario Wario Virgin here :eek: )

3. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

what do u mean multiplayer isnt avail from get go?

is there going to be some kind of update or something to allow multiplayer or something :confused:

wario is my fave character, so i'm very interested to see how this game reviews.. and hopefully it will be on my list soon! :)

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

It's the WarioWare way to start off with just 1 thing to do (usually Warios minigames) then everything unlocks as you go. on the main menu it says "Single" and has a newspaper over another button... figure that's for multiplayer. I haven't even read the manual yet, that might explain multiplayer better.

Single player is great though! I haven't played any more (busy day) but I just love the way it throws you into a game just telling you how to hold the controller. It's all so quick, musical and hilarious.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

This is definitely a game that I have been waiting for. I will have to pick it up next week when it comes out over here.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

you dirty rascal you :mad: ;) :D picking mine up in the morning.

Also are you sure those instructions weren't for somthing out of the Anne Summers catalogue ? :)

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I just finished it. I've been taking my time with it, then my house got empty today so I just had a marathon play :D

The final boss. OMG. I think that's the first time I've played a game where everything that wasn't on the screen didn't matter anymore! I was totally immersed. laughing all the way.

Credits sequence was adorable :D
    The keep-fit minigame setup was unexpected! Especially when I walked on in a giant red suit :eek:

What's it called? tilt boulder or something? I laughed. I'm loving this whole game so much. Especially 9-Volts stages :cool: I can see why this got 5/5 in Live. It's just too much fun. I'm hoping to take my save down to my girlfriends place this weekend and get all her studenty-mates together for a big 12 player game. I can't friggin wait :D

Started off as 5/5 for me, then down to 3/5 about halfway. now back to 5/5 with all this extra nonsense that keeps piling up.

8. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Just got it, haven't played it, but liked the "don'ts" section of the manual: don't stand too close, don't throw the remote, don't hold it with a tentacle (yes, there is a picture). Can't tell if it's a joke or a serious Japanese illustration.:rolleyes:

9. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

10. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I have heard this game is easy to beat and that multiplayer stinks.....is this true?

11. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd say so. A solid 10/10 from me.

Then again I'm only limiting myself to the absolute must haves this generation through r/l commitments :eek:

12. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

This game is awesome, but I can't get past the Boss Level of the Mini Wario stage.

ANy suggestions??

13. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

It took me 2 goes to finish that one, normally bosses only need 1 for me :eek: Just need rhythm, brotha :D

14. russed macrumors 68000

russed

I bought wario ware the other day - do you have to complete the game to get the multiplayer option open then?

15. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

You sure do, it baffled me when I first got it, I then did some searching on the net and figured it out. Completing the single player game isn't hard though won't take you more than 2-3 hours and is super fun!!

ShadoW

16. russed macrumors 68000

russed

aah, thats good. I'm well on my way to getting it completed!

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I tried it with friends again last night. Whilst they were amused at me looking like a tw*t, they still were not tempted to play it themselves.

Guess I'll have to keep this one as my own.

18. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I rented Wario Ware and played it this weekend. I would give it a slightly lower score than Wii Sports because it has less replayability (for me anyway)....so something like an 8.7 sounds good because I think I gave Wii Sports an 8.8. The Single player is a blast but now that I have beat it, I don't know how many times I will go back through it. Also, I thought multiplayer was kinda disappointing too. There are several modes but none of them are as wacky as the single player; although, Darts is extremely fun when you've had a few drinks with your friends! I actually found just taking turns on the single player game was more fun for us than the multiplayer, even though the Mii integration in multiplayer is quite good.

This is definately, the best party game besides Wii sports that is out and from the previews that I have seen, I think I will like it better than Mario Party even and it is head-over-heals better than Rayman IMO. I thought the pacing was horrible on Rayman. What purpose does the stadium serve but to slow down the game? And I hated having to read the description of what to do in Rayman, the form baton descriptions are a huge improvement and Wario Ware is far more intuitive IMO. Rarely, did I not know what to do instantly upon seeing the screen.

I wouldn't buy it just now, but if nothing better comes out and if you can find it in a discount bin for $20 or under in a year, I would pick it up just for when friends are over. The only thing I think they could do to make it better really is make it longer or release it as a compilation with another Wario Ware and improve multiplayer somehow...

19. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Almost picked up Warioware yesterday, but ended up getting a Wavebird, Skies of Arcadia Legends, and Pikmin instead. Oh, and a Johnny Cash CD.

20. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

What the hell is WarioWare and how did I drift so far from the loop...? :confused:

21. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

:O

You ARE out of the loop!
    WarioWare is a franchise by Nintendo centered around Wario, but including tons of other characters (not usually other Nintendo stars-- characters specific to this franchise), which is a collection of dozens and dozens of crazy, fun, bizarre, and hilarious minigames. They made versions for Gameboy Color, GBA, DS, Gamecube, and now, Wii. Go look on IGN or somewhere for videos!

22. DarrenSW macrumors member

Warioware - anyone in UK wanna swap for COD3, Cars or Rayman?

I've got Warioware: Smooth Moves but just can't get into it. Anyone in the UK want to swap me for their Call Of Duty 3, Cars or Rayman: Raving Rabbids? Email me at darren dot scantlebury hyphen watson dot com if so. Cheers (N.B. disc has been played only twice and whole package is immaculate).

23. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

I bought it today - pretty good fun, but I have questions about its longevity as a multiplayer title. I can't see me being drawn back to it as often as Wii Sports.