Warning, another eBay Fraud!

Discussion in 'Community' started by iJon, Mar 20, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

My friend sent me this link and I would like to warn you guys. This guy said he dropped his laptop and there is no doubt in my mind that he did. But he said it comes with AppleCare, and I'm sure it does, but AppleCare does not cover customer damage. I just wanted to warn anyone who may have looked at this and thought about buying it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3407871474&category=14909

iJon

2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Probably true, but it looks like a sweet deal if you can find a spare hinge.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Depends on how much damage is on the computer...

www.wegenermedia.com

www.pbparts.com

have parts for the hinges, as long as the LCD panel is not damaged.

But the seller saying AppleCare would fix the machine does leave the seller open to being slam dunked in small claims court for the cost of the repair when AppleCare doesn't cover it -- as long as the buyer is smart enough to ask the naive question - "You mean I won't have to pay for the cost of the repair if I buy it from you?"

4. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i sent the buyer an email letting him know that apple won't cover the damage, and he might want to reconsider spending 1000 dollars on it. yeah, i know, i'm interfering with a binding contract sort of, but i hate seeing people waste that kind of money.

5. alset macrumors 65816

alset

That would have been great for a hardware hack. Y'know, put the display on a stand and turn it into a desk machine.

Dan

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

haha apaprently it was all fake neway the buyer said he gave false contact info now he has -1 feedback.