Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
He emailed back:

There was a problem with the package hosted on my repository. Should be fixed now.

Sincerely.

- Exile.90

iThat

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2011
Hi guys this morning iCleaner Pro started crashing on me just after startup. I am on 5.0.1 A9406

Log daemons are turned off but i was able to install syslogman and syslogview

Can someone help me troubleshoot this crash? I have tried reinstalling as well as deleting the iCleaner folder and rebooting multiple times of each as well as installing the app right from the xile repo.

Thanks for your help
David

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hi guys this morning iCleaner Pro started crashing on me just after startup. I am on 5.0.1 A9406

Log daemons are turned off but i was able to install syslogman and syslogview

Can someone help me troubleshoot this crash? I have tried reinstalling as well as deleting the iCleaner folder and rebooting multiple times of each as well as installing the app right from the xile repo.

Thanks for your help
David

What version of icleaner pro do you have?

charles666

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2013
iCleaner Pro Dev's Blog Link

It's hard to believe that after 29 posts in this thread nobody linked to the iCleaner Pro developer's Blog :rolleyes:

He explains in black & white why he had to remove some features in the version available on BigBoss: because users were not RTFM and breaking some apps & other stuff.

Cydia > Search: iCleaner > Details:

Daemons and Mobile Substrate addons management was removed. The blog article explains why

Same info in Cydia > Changes > Updates > from iCleaner older than 6.3.0 so it's kind of funny that a thread with a Warning title is needed to spread the info. :p

One post above mentioned installing the iCleaner Pro version using the deb but again exile90 explains that:

Note: This method will not automatically install the needed dependencies. Therefore, please make sure the following packages are installed on Cydia:
APT 0.6 Transitional (apt)
Core Utilities (coreutils)
shell-cmds (shell-cmds)

So it's better to simply add his personal Repo and download from it.

BTW iCleaner Pro works absolutely fine on my iPhone 3G iOS 3.1.3 & 4.2.1 and also tested fine on my friend's 3GS iOS 5.1.1.

Moral: RTFM! :eek:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
It's hard to believe that after 29 posts in this thread nobody linked to the iCleaner Pro developer's Blog :rolleyes:

He explains in black & white why he had to remove some features in the version available on BigBoss: because users were not RTFM and breaking some apps & other stuff.

Cydia > Search: iCleaner > Details:

Same info in Cydia > Changes > Updates > from iCleaner older than 6.3.0 so it's kind of funny that a thread with a Warning title is needed to spread the info. :p

One post above mentioned installing the iCleaner Pro version using the deb but again exile90 explains that:

So it's better to simply add his personal Repo and download from it.

BTW iCleaner Pro works absolutely fine on my iPhone 3G iOS 3.1.3 & 4.2.1 and also tested fine on my friend's 3GS iOS 5.1.1.

Moral: RTFM! :eek:

Post #5 has the dev's repo for iCleaner Pro.

charles666

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2013
iCleaner Pro 6.3.2 Update & Direct Link

Post #5 has the dev's repo for iCleaner Pro.

Yes but that is only Exile.90's Software Repo's URL and not a direct link to his iCleaner Pro blog page explaining why iCleaner is now split in two versions and why iCleaner Pro is not available in the BigBoss Repo. ;)

iCleaner goes PRO!: if you are an advanced user, and wish to have full control over your device, then use one of the following methods to download iCleaner Pro!

NOTE: please uninstall "iCleaner" before installing "iCleaner Pro". If you don't, you will end up having two iCleaner icons, or just a non-working one. In that case, please respring your device.

BTW the current version is iCleaner Pro 6.3.2 see iCleaner changelog for details.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Yes but that is only Exile.90's Software Repo's URL and not a direct link to his iCleaner Pro blog page explaining why iCleaner is now split in two versions and why iCleaner Pro is not available in the BigBoss Repo. ;)

BTW the current version is iCleaner Pro 6.3.2 see iCleaner changelog for details.

If people can't read the changelog then that's on them. When I started the thread it was before he posted the reason why he removed the features. I also wasn't aware of the pro version at the time either. I know there have been updates to iCleaner, but 6.3.0 is the version that removed those features, which was the point of this thread...to let others know popular features were removed. Honestly, I'm glad he removed them. I helped out several people because they weren't clear on what they were doing when using some of these "advanced" features. But I'm even happier he released an alternative version which still has them available. It really isnt that big of a deal because you can disable MS Addons with iFile and also delete the settings plist files with iFile. It's just much easier when an app can do this.

Thanks for posting the link to his blog though. That's helpful. I always read his blog by following a link in Cydia. Much easier to do this in safari. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.