Warning over clingfilm 'condoms'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Feb 9, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Well how can they afford the packet of crisps then?? :eek: :p

I shouldn't laugh, but please... I remember having this drilled into me at school... don't use crisp packets as condoms... :eek: ;) as salt makes it sting... heheheh

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3473415.stm

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Re: Warning over clingfilm 'condoms'

I'm not even going down the Cheese and Onion route....:eek:

Salt and Vinegar?

3. Apple //e macrumors 6502

Re: Warning over clingfilm 'condoms'

whats a crisp?

4. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Re: Re: Warning over clingfilm 'condoms'

potato chips... ;)

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

They should try to give up some of their candy and soda. Getting a disease or pregnancy would cost a lot more.

6. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Re: Re: Warning over clingfilm 'condoms'

I have a friend who refers to that as douche flavored... :D

7. Apple //e macrumors 6502

Re: Re: Re: Warning over clingfilm 'condoms'

so are ruffles with ridges more pleasurable for her?

8. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

I would have though the sharp corners on a crisp (chip) packet would not exactly make it a pleasant experience

9. jasylonian macrumors regular

i wonder if the parents of those kids in the picture have read this article... they might have a bit of explaining to do.

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

wow, where i live, condoms are plentiful and free, yet you can't get people to use them. to hear of a place where people go to the work of improvising condoms just amazes me.

Interesting how in the janet thread, people were pointing out how much more open the UK is about the human body and sexuality, wonder if they're connected :confused: People aren't afraid to talk about sex, people are educated enough to at least want to use condoms...

paul

11. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I was thinking the same thing...

Mongo: You have strange friends...

12. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

The difference is the quality of life. From friends that have spent time in the UK, when there are the "poor" they are really "poor". Think of the 70's and 80's with the decline of mining in the hills of PA and WV. Or even the US inner cities today. At least the kids in the UK are concerned about disease and pregnancy.

One of the truths of unemployment and underemployment is the increase of sexual activity. These kids should at least be acknowledged for being aware. I wonder how many people in the US have even thought the way these kids have?

The UK may be more open to sexuality than in the US. But that does not connect in how business and government "connect" with the reality. Just look at the US when the distribution of condoms comes up.

We as a world community need to realize people are going to have sex outside of "marriage". And for the safety and welfare of the general population and the unborn we need to take action. Just as we do against land-mines or any other cause.

I agree that in the US condoms are readily available to those that want them. If we could only point to those that were use cling wrap here in the US. But it is a start for us to focus on countries that seem to want to help themselves.

13. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

This reminds me about a rumor that was going round my daughter's school a few years back. Seems many of the kids got the idea that Mountain Dew (a soft drink like Coke or Pepsi) was an effective spermicide when used as a douche! And these kids have access to free condoms. Maybe a little more education is in order.

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Here is some douching. Not all that effective in preventing pregnancy. It can also cause difficulty in a woman wanting to get pregnant if they douche too much.

http://www.4woman.gov/faq/douching.htm

I still can't even imagine how that crips thing would ever work. :confused:

15. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Reminds of a friend that was an EMT. He had a call where the couple decided to "spice" of their sex with Tabasco Sauce.

16. Apple //e macrumors 6502

do the ones with an inferiority complex strap on a pringles can?

ok....ill stop

17. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i heard vague references about Coke being used for this in high school, but i think everyone but the true idiots knew it wasn't true. God, it'd be sticky...

Condom trivia, for those that don't know this fun fact, the first use of condoms appears to be among sailors centuries ago, whores would make them wear a sealed sheep's intestine to prevent pregnancy. overall, i'd say the science of condoms has come a long way...

paul

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I could almost see cling film, almost, but crisp/potato chip bags !?!? ouch

And then there's all that crinkling crackling noise...... :p

Nutso....

D

19. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Ever used a femidom? The female condom it was called, it was like shagging a Tesco's carrier bag:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

20. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

1st question
    Why would Mr D want to use a female condom??? :eek: :p :p

2nd, was it really like that Mr Mute?? no reciepts or bits of fruit in the bottom I hope.... paper cuts... :eek: :p

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Gee thanks for that link. :rolleyes:

*waves bye to his appetite*

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Paul you condom trivia is very interesting. Out of need rises the mother of invention. They had a need to work.

I can't even imagine using Tabasco Sauce, it seems that there would be burning all around. :p

23. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Since you mention Tabasco Sauce, I might as well add that you should NEVER EVER use toothpaste on your genitals, unless you happen to like them feeling like you used IcyHot.

24. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'll add the following warning as well: Wear gloves if you plan on cutting hot peppers such as serranos or habaneros and then touching the genital regions. Heck even jalapenos can be bad. That burning feeling doesn't happen just in your mouth...