Warning! Warning! Danger, Will Robinson!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Okay, it's bad enough that Fox News does this all the time. Now look what CNN has started copying:

[​IMG]

This is becoming a pet peeve of mine -- these cheap-@$$ tricks to make us think that something important is happening. Personally, I wish they wouldn't use red banners and words like "alert" just because Bush decided to quote a Bobby McFerrin song. :rolleyes:

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

CNN's been doing that for years. perhaps they do it less often than fox (i never go to the fox site, so i wouldn't know) and you just hadn't noticed.

3. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

CNN.com seems to be doing it a lot more often, as of late. At least, it seems that way to me. And I noticed it before TV brought it up, it's not just his overwhelming power of suggestion. ;)

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

fair enough. i don't go to that site much these days, but when i did (2 or 3 years ago), such banners, though rare, were used.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Bush just had his Kerry moment. "I voted for the war before I voted against it".

"People don't need to worry about security. - GW Bush" can (and probably should, but won't) be used on every campaigning Dem's advertising literature this fall. Out of context and everything. Turnabouts fair play, right?

6. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I have an overwhelming power of suggestion?

To paraphrase a line from "Blazing Saddles"...which way the women at? :D