warped powerbook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Ja Di ksw, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

When my pb came, it had a couple problems with it. The screen had a blue line down one side, and the trackpad was cracked. I sent it back, and they replaced those parts, probably just giving me a whole new outer casing. I've started to notice that it wobbles some, though. The front right corner is higher up than the rest. Do I send it back in? I'm not sure if most pb's are like this or not. Thanks

2. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

This is very common among PBs. Best advice? Wait til it gets warm after running it for a while, and bend it a little bit.

3. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

This is a potential issue with the ALBooks. Most people hardly notice it. If you do, then you have 2 options. If its severe and you have Applecare, send it in. Apple considers SOME warping when its ON to be normal and will not replace/repair it. If its warped when cool and off, then they are more willing to fix it.
    Also, check the rubber feet on the bottom. One of mine came off and made it wobble. I got some more for free at the Apple store and fixed it up in seconds.